MEAT lovers get ready because Aldi is bringing back its massive “Big Daddy” rump steak.
From this Thursday, the discounter is once again stocking 16oz slabs of meat which weigh twice as much as an ordinary supermarket steak.
The 454g rump steaks are made with the “finest cuts” of 100 per cent British beef that’s matured for 21 days.
They’ll set you back £4.99 (£1.09 per 100g) and are available in stores only from May 2. Use Aldi’s store locator tool to find your nearest branch.
As they’re an Aldi Specialbuy, they’re only available as long as stocks last so you’ll need to be quick in order to avoid missing out.
The last time we saw the popular steak on the shelves at Aldi was as recently as last month.
Here's how to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from Hannah Maundrell, editor of Money.co.uk, about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bill:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
Aldi’s steaks are the largest single rump steaks we could find on sale in the UK’s major supermarkets.
Many sell similar sized packs but they come with two steaks rather than just the one.
But if you’re not bothered by size, Aldi can be beaten on price. Asda, for example, has two 21-day matured rump steaks at 475g for £4.75 (£1 per 100g).
Meanwhile, at Tesco you can get one 227g rump steak for £2.34 (£1.03 per 100g).
Sainsbury’s is more expensive by selling a slightly smaller 225g rump steak for £2.50 (£1.11 per 100g), while Morrisons shoppers will have to fork out £4 for a 250g piece of meat (£1.60 per 100g).
Most read in money
Earlier in the year, Aldi rolled out grim reaper sausages made with the hottest chilli in the world.
Savvy shoppers also spotted an amazing deal on a giant garden trampoline at the retailer.
The discounter is a favourite among shoppers who recently hailed its new 69p frozen pizza as delicious.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at email@example.com