BOXING gets its final big show everyone was hoping for on Saturday night as Anthony Joshua prepares to take on Kubrat Pulev in a huge heavyweight clash at Wembley Arena.
Joshua will be defending his WBA, WBO and IBF world heavyweight titles against the Bulgarian, who he was first scheduled to face over three years ago.
The bout is a big one for Joshua, who can all but secure a money-spinning pair of bouts with Tyson Fury with an emphatic win.
When is Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev?
- The fight is scheduled to take place on Saturday, December 12.
- It was originally scheduled for June 20 but the coronavirus pandemic put a halt to those plans.
What time does Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev start?
- Sky Sports Box Office being their coverage from Wembley Arena with undercard action from 6pm on Saturday.
- Joshua vs Pulev ring walks are expected to start at around 10.30pm UK time on December 12.
Joshua won back his WBA, WBO and IBF titles from Andy Ruiz Jr in December[/caption]
ODDS SPECIAL 4/1 FOR JOSHUA TO WIN VIA KO, DQ OR TKO
Mobile only / UK and IRE, New customers only / 18+ / begambleaware.org
What channel is it on and can it believe streamed?
- Joshua vs Pulev will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office.
- The price of the pay-per-view has been set at £24.95, which is more than usual for a PPV event.
- The event can be live streamed from the Sky Sports Box Office app, which you can download onto your mobile or tablet device.
What has been said?
Pulev said: “I have been watching his fights carefully. He has a good style and he is a good specimen, but he has not shown any mental toughness.
“Yes, he has skills, but he hasn’t shown the mental strength. This is something from within, in the blood of a man, and he does not have it.
“Whatever mental toughness he’s got, I know I’m the harder person. This is the difference – my toughness will prevail.”
Most read in Boxing
But Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has said his man will do the business on fight night.
Hearn told Sky Sports: “I went to see him yesterday, he looked absolutely sensational.
“He’s learning, he’s punching so hard, so sharp, so fast. I think this is going to be a tough fight against Kubrat Pulev. I also think he is going to absolutely destroy him.
“I think he’s going to break him down, he’s going to dissect him, and he’s going to punish him. I think you’re going to see a statement.”
Joshua and Pulev were scheduled to fight in 2017 before the latter pulled out[/caption]
Joshua vs Pulev FULL card
Lawrence Okolie is now facing Nikodem Jezewski after original opponent Krzysztof Glowacki tested positive for coronavirus.
Okolie vs Glowacki was set to be for the vacant WBO world cruiserweight title, but the Jezewski bout won’t be as the unbeaten Pole is not ranked by the WBO.
Elsewhere, Ramla Ali has tested positive for coronavirus and will no longer feature on the undercard.
- Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev (WBA, IBF, WBO heavyweight title)
- Lawrence Okolie vs Nikodem Jezewski (international cruiserweight title)
- Hughie Fury vs Mariusz Wach (heavyweight)
- Martin Bakole vs Sergey Kuzmin (heavyweight)
- Souleymane Cissokho vs Kieron Conway (light-middleweight)
- Florian Marku vs TBA (welterweight)
- Qais Ashfaq vs Ashley Lane (super-bantamweight)