BACHELOR execs are “reducing” Chris Harrison’s screen time for the remainder of Matt James’ season, a source exclusively told The Sun.
Follow all the latest news and stories on The Bachelor
“Producers are currently working with editors to reduce the amount of screen time Chris has for the already-filmed episodes from the remainder of Matt’s season,” a source told The Sun.
The informant continued: “They’re scrambling to get Monday’s episode changed. His role will be reduced as much as possible that still allows the season to play out.
“There’s been some talk about removing him completely from what’s left of this season but it’s impossible to take him out entirely with Chris’ participation in crucial scenes coming up.”
The source added: “They already filmed the Women Tell All which Chris will be front and center of. There’s no way to remove him from that, he’s nearly the whole show.
Matt’s season of the Bachelor has been historic as he’s the first Black lead[/caption]
Matt James frontrunner Rachael Kirkconnell came under fire when resurfaced photos sparked fury[/caption]
“Some producers suggested to not air the special but ABC isn’t going for that right now.
“There’s also a chance they may use a disclaimer before the remaining episodes saying the network does not condone his comments and will include a pledge to do better with handling racism on and off the show.”
Typically, the Women Tell All airs the week following Hometown dates – which would make this year’s set for March 1st.
The news comes as the latest series of blows to the formerly beloved host’s decades-long career.
Yesterday, The Sun exclusively reported that Manly Bands seems to have dropped Chris as the jewelry company completely scrubbed the TV figure from ALL their ads.
Chris Harrison is front-and-center on the Women Tell All specials[/caption]
The WTA allows the lead to answer to all the women he had let go during the season[/caption]
The group often shouts at each other following the drama being aired on a big screen[/caption]
Manly Bands heavily promoted their partnership with Chris, 49, since their launch in October across all social media platforms and on their website.
However, the reality star has been completely removed from EVERY online portal as of Thursday.
The company’s website, along with their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages do not mention Chris at all anymore.
His 24-piece ring collection – which retailed from $650 all the way up to $3,500 – is also no longer be available for purchase despite the host promoting it just days ago.
Manly Bands jewelry appeared to have dropped Chris Harrison[/caption]
The company has completely scrubbed the disgraced host from their website and ads[/caption]
Chris launched a 24-piece ring collection – which is no longer available for purchase[/caption]
In addition, Procter & Gamble Co. announced they are considering using Chris’ already-filmed Crest commercials.
A spokesperson said in a statement to AdAge: “We are aware of the developments around Chris Harrison and his role as host of The Bachelor.
“We are in the process of gathering more information about these circumstances to determine our next steps.
“We are deeply disappointed in his comments, which do not reflect our values.”
The TV figure has stepped away indefinitely following the ongoing racism scandal[/caption]
Chris made the controversial comments during an interview with Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay[/caption]
Adding to the repercussions, an episode of Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune starring Chris was also postponed and most likely completely scrapped, The Sun exclusively revealed.
Most read in Celebrity
During the 16-minute chat, Chris also continued to speak over the ex Bachelorette and claimed the racism problems were okay in 2018 but “not in 2021” – while adding he’s “not the woke police.”
Chris announced he’s indefinitely “stepping away” from the series last week and sources told The Sun it’s now likely he “may never return.”