GOOGLE is more than 20 years old, and has hidden away plenty of secret features during that time.
These so-called “Easter Eggs” can be unlocked by typing specific words in your search box – but they’re not all obvious.
If you know the right phrases to search, you can unlock nearly a dozen games.
And there are even some useful tools hidden in Google, including a bubble level, virtual dice, and a coin-flipper.
We’ve tracked down 44 of the best Easter Eggs just in time for Easter – so you can do a virtual egg hunt.
Check out the full list below, and be aware that some of these will only work on PC – although most work on mobile.
- Zerg rush
- Tic Tac Toe
- Play snake
- Atari breakout (in image search)
- Spin a dreidel
- Fun facts/ I’m feeling curious
- Earth Day Quiz
- Roll a die
- Flip a coin
- Random number generator
- Bubble level (on phones only)
- Spinner (you can change to a number spinner and choose the # of numbers on the wheel)
- Colour picker
- Internet speed test
Changes to the Search Results Page
- Do a barrel roll
- Google in 1998
- Blink HTML
- Marquee HTML
- Number of horns on a unicorn
- What is the loneliest number
- Once in a blue moon
- A baker’s dozen
- This creates a heart-shaped graph
- 1.2+(sqrt(1-(sqrt(x^2+y^2))^2) + 1 – x^2-y^2) * (sin (10000 * (x*3+y/5+7))+1/4) from -1.6 to 1.6
- The answer to life the universe and everything (reference)
- Is Google down
Knowledge panel changes
- Bletchley Park (reference)
- Sonic the hedgehog
- Super Mario Bros
- Animal noises (choose from a list of animals)
Small little quirks
- Define anagram
- [Change language setting in Search to <pirate>, <bork, bork, bork>, <elmer>, <hacker>, <klingon>]
These are some of the best, but you might be able to uncover more – so let us know if you find any others.
MOST READ IN TECH
How to see Google’s location map that tracks everywhere you go.
Check out the 10 secret Google Maps locations you’re not allowed to see.
Beware the Google Maps scam that could leave your bank account empty.
Do you know about any other cool Google tricks? Let us know in the comments!