Brit investment banker, 26, drowned in sea at Croatia music festival after taking cocktail of coke, ketamine and LSD

A BRIT investment banker drowned in the sea after bingeing on a lethal cocktail of drugs at a Croatian music event.

Cameron Coaten, 26, died after taking cocaine, ketamine and LSD at Love International festival in Tisno.


Cameron Coaten, 26, drowned at a Croatian music festival after taking a cocktail of drugs[/caption]

His body washed up on the beach after he experienced an LSD hallucination, according to the Daily Mail.

The popular Eton-educated investment manager worked at Fidelity Investments, and spoke Japanese and Mandarin.

Cameron, from West Hampstead, north London, took a science and international management degree at University of London, before getting a job in finance.

He was travelling with five friends to the week-long electronic music festival in June last year, when tragedy struck.


Friends say the investment banker started acting ‘trippy’ after taking LSD of American party-goers[/caption]


Cameron started sending ‘scary’ and ‘weird’ messages back to his girlfriend[/caption]

West London Coroner’s Court heard he had cocaine and ecstasy delivered to his holiday digs.

His pal Freddie Sawkins said Cameron was given LSD by a group of American party-goers.

He said: “There was no real change in his behaviour until perhaps an hour in, when he became very giggly.”

Describing his friend as acting “trippy” he said Cameron ordered more drugs then they all headed to the festival.

Freddie said: “From what Cameron told me, the order consisted of cocaine, ketamine and MDMA (ecstasy).’

He said Cameron snorted coke as the group headed to the event at about 9.30pm.

Two hours later, he was slurring his words and stumbling around, hallucinating about wetting himself and people filming him, the inquest heard.

Mr Sawkins said: “He repeatedly said, ‘Why are you filming me, stop filming’. At the time no one was filming.”

Another Eton pal, Oliver Lubbock, offered to take him home at around 1am.

Oliver told the inquest: “He was not himself and was asking random questions to strangers.”

During this time we was sending “weird messages” to his girlfriend Harriet Mitchell.

One said: “Sorry for what’s happened and tell everyone how much I loved them.”

After he ran out of the apartment and went missing, pals called police at 3.15am.

His body was found on the beach at 8.30am the next day.

Pathologists said the cause of death was drowning and toxicology reports found the drugs in his system.

Last Wednesday, Assistant Coroner Catherine Wood ruled an accidental death.

Friend Freddie said: “He was the most kind and generous person, who could put a smile on anyone’s face.”

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.



(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply