Brit schoolgirl, 9, dies after eating ice cream on family holiday in Costa del Sol

A NINE-YEAR-OLD British girl has died after eating ice cream at a Spanish hotel.

The child is believed to have gone into anaphylactic shock after suffering a severe allergic reaction to the food while on a family holiday in Costa del Sol.

Respected Malaga based newspaper Sur said the youngster was allergic to milk and nuts.

The incident happened on Friday, although Sur reported she died on Monday afternoon at Malaga’s Materno Infantil Hospital.

The unnamed child is said to have been rushed first to Costa del Sol Hospital near Marbella before being transferred to the hospital in Malaga in a “critical condition” when her condition worsened.

The hotel where the girl fell ill, in the town of Mijas, has not been named.

More follows.

Link

(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)

Loading...

Leave a Reply