British sisters found dead in bathroom in India after ‘gas leak’

Two British sisters have reportedly been found dead in the bathroom of a hotel in Pakistan.

Maria Rehman, 25, and her sister Nadia, 17, were found unconscious and rushed to hospital, where they later died, Pakistani media has reported.

It has been alleged that the girls died due to a gas leak from a geyser in the room. They had come to the village of Mirpur, Azad Kashmir, with father Abdul and mother Zarina to observe their grandfather’s funeral. 

An investigation has been launched and a report was given to the authorities. A post-mortem is also due to take place.

They were reportedly found unconscious in the bathroom and rushed to hospital where they later died. Stock picture

The parents are reported not to be considering legal action as they have ‘accepted the deaths as an accident’. The tragedy happened on January 12. 

Only yesterday, a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai died from carbon monoxide poisoning that was caused by a gas geyser fitted in a bathroom. 

Geysers use gas burners to heat water for showers. Users are advised to keep windows open because the gas needs oxygen to keep burning. 

Cutting off the oxygen supply can be fatal.

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: ‘We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan, and have offered consular support to the family.’

link

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply