Sancher Harper, 44, from Russell Island, Queensland, Australia, was disappointed with the pasta dish and chicken and cucumber sandwich on board her BA flight to Newcastle
A British Airways passenger said her trip to England was ‘marred’ after she was served ‘mushy’ pasta on her flight.
Sancher Harpe from Russell Island, Queensland, Australia, flew to Newcastle for the first time in 15 years to be with her family for her stepmother’s funeral.
But the 44-year-old said the trip was made even more traumatic by the food on her BA flight, claiming it actually made her sick and unable to eat for days.
The businesswoman posted a picture of a ‘yuck’ pasta dish that featured dry tubes of pasta on the outside but was ‘mushy’ in the middle.
Even worse, according to Sancher, was a chicken and cucumber sandwich which she only partially ate and which she alleges made her ill while she was back in the UK.
Sancher flew from Sydney to Newcastle via Singapore and Heathrow on October 22, paying £745 return.
The pasta dish Sancher described as ‘mushy in the middle’ and ‘dry’ on the outside which she was served on the BA flight which cost £745 return
She uploaded the images to a public Facebook group on October 24 captioned: ‘Dry pasta around the outside, mushy in the middle. Yuck.’
Although she did not take pictures of the chicken sandwich, she wrote: ‘Then the chicken sandwich that I managed to eat a third of made me very ill for the next few hours.
‘I thought I could hold down some breakfast, but I’m still sick now after landing 25 hours ago.
Sancher flew home to be with her family for the funeral of her stepmother. The businesswoman said the food ‘marred’ her trip back to England, which was her first visit in 15 years
‘I don’t recommend eating BA food. I won’t ever be eating BA food again.
Have you been disappointed by British Airways food?
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
‘You are led to believe BA is British best, but it has definitely slumped to well below par. I am very upset that my first two days home for 15 years was marred by food poisoning from this airline.’
Janet Crook commented on the post: ‘My husband got food poisoning from a BA flight back in May this year. I personally never eat any food on a plane whoever I fly with. Even on long haul flights.’
Chris Ruddy added: ‘My last two trips back from the USA I have been served food that was essentially inedible. Shocking offering. Thankfully it was the breakfast items, served shortly before landing, so wasn’t that hungry anyway.
‘If I recall it was a cream cheese bagel roll thing, second time it was a scrambled egg on soggy toast. Revolting. BA should change their suppliers.’
However some were sceptical of her food poisoning including Aaron Minto, who wrote: ‘Medically, food poisoning takes on average eight to 24 hours to become symptomatic.
‘If you felt ill immediately after eating it is unlikely to be from the food you just ate, but rather the meal before, or even before that. Dodgy tuna sandwich on the way to the airport perhaps?’
Sancher added: ‘I didn’t eat anything else all day prior. After eating the chicken and cucumber, I felt very sick. All the way back I was still sick and unable to eat for a further three days after arrival.’
Some were sceptical of Sancher’s food poisoniong including Aaron Minto, who wrote: ‘Medically, food poisoning takes on average eight to 24 hours to become symptomatic’
‘My stepmother of 30 years died. I needed to be with my dad and the family. It wasn’t a good start.’
A spokeswoman for British Airways said: ‘We pride ourselves on the quality of the meals we offer on board, and have heavily invested in our catering, in all cabins.
‘We have not received any complaints regarding the catering on this flight, nor from this customer.
‘We will contact our customer today to investigate.’
Have you been disappointed by British Airways food? Email email@example.com