BE cool for school as the new term begins – but don’t get clobbered for your clobber.
These days stocking up on stationery can mean so much more than picking a few sharpeners and rubbers, with prices at tween store Smiggle reaching £18.50 for pencil cases and £45 for a kids’ backpack.
So Sun Savers has shopped around to show you where to find your school necessities without blowing the budget.
- Best one-stop stationery needs for £1: Poundland is a life-saver here. Its pastel and monochrome collections include pens, pencils, high-lighters, binders, revision cards and notebooks, all for just £1.
- Best bags and accessories for under £5: Lidl has everything from uniforms and shoes to backpacks and sports gear — all school approved. Picks include a Harry Potter lunch bag for £4.99 and character backpacks — in Frozen, Paws or Cars designs — for £3.99. Add the Ernesto kids’ drinks bottle for £1.
- Best for revision books under £10: Check out local Facebook groups and the Facebook Marketplace.
You can get six Key Stage 3 Science CGP revision guides for £10, saving around £25 if bought from WHSmith. Collect them in person to avoid postage fees.You can also find cheap second-hand books on eBay and Amazon. Just make sure you search the exact titles and check they are the most up-to-date versions.
- Best for young bookworms for £20: Get young ones reading from an early age with a Bookmonster book holder from thinkinggifts.com. Save £5 on the £24.99 RRP with exclusive code SUNAUG. Offer ends tomorrow.
- Best tablet for kids under £100: Amazon’s Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet, £99.99, comes with a one-year subscription to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which gives access to books, videos, educational apps and games.
- Best laptops from £159: Check out HP 11.6in Intel Celeron 4GB 16GB Chromebook, down £20 to £159.99 at Argos. Or get a similar refurbished 2GB Chromebook on Amazon for £99.99.Use cashback sites like TopCashback where you can get up to eight per cent cashback on HP laptops and accessories
Shop & save
TREAT little ones to a Mini Ninja Meal at Yo! Sushi for FREE, when an adult spends at least £10.
GRAB a slice of Dr Oetker Yes It’s Pizza from Asda. was £3.69, now £2.
My Sun Savers fiver
ZOE COLLINS of Torpoint, Cornwall, says: “My SunSavers Fiver helps with my beauty treatments, including keeping my eyebrows in shape.”
- Tell us your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
STEP out in the pink boots from Deichmann for £27.99 – a bargain take on the Christian Louboutin pair for £670.
Reader’s saving tip
PAULINE EARL from Rochdale, says: “Cut out the puzzles page and answers in The Sun each day and take them on holiday instead of buying expensive puzzle books.”
- Share your suggestions at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Deal of the day
SAVE one third on British whole large chickens at Iceland. Was £4.50, now £3.
Save a fiver
GET 3 for 2 across Eylure products in Superdrug. You can get three Eylure Naturals false lashes for £10.50
Win £15,000 with Sun Savers Raffle
THERE’S still time join in with this month’s Sun Savers Raffle – where the paper you’re holding could be worth £15,000!
For each Sun Savers code you enter you will get a ticket into our £15,000 monthly raffle. Plus, collect ten raffle tickets in a calendar month and you’ll get a GOLDEN TICKET into our huge £80k raffle which takes place every three months.
The paper you’re holding could be worth £15,000[/caption]
Fancy getting involved? Just head to the Sun Savers app or website and opt-in to each month’s raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted. Then start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily inside the paper. Today’s code is on page 20.
Each time you enter a code you will earn yourself a monthly raffle ticket. With no limit on how many tickets you can collect per month, make sure you enter as many Sun Savers codes as possible to give yourself the best chance of winning. You’ve got to be in it to win it!
- Terms and conditions apply. For full T&Cs see sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Win £27,000 for uni fees
DON’T miss Saturday’s paper for the launch of our latest Sun Savers competition – Win Your Uni Fees.
With A-Level results having come out on Thursday and thousands of people across the country securing their spots at university, we thought we’d help out by sending one lucky student to University for FREE.
Our latest Sun Savers competition – Win Your Uni Fees – launches in next Saturday’s paper[/caption]
Here at The Sun we know just how expensive University has become, that’s why we’re giving away £27,000 to one person to pay for their fees.
Already studying at university? Don’t worry, you can enter too.
This competition is open to anyone who is currently a student, starting university this September or simply knows a student who they think deserves this prize.
To be in with a chance of winning this incredible competition, all you need to do is enter TEN of the 18 Sun Savers codes which will be printed daily from Saturday, August 25, then hit “enter” on Sun Savers.
Make sure you pick up next Saturday’s copy of The Sun to find out more about this fantastic competition.
Last chance to book with Hols From £9.50
HERE’S another chance to grab one of our Hols From £9.50.
There are 195 parks across the UK and Europe to choose from, at an unbeatable price.
If you find your exact holiday cheaper within 28 days of booking, we will refund the difference plus £10.
Choose a midweek break and get a fourth night’s stay free. To join in, just collect SEVEN Sun Savers codes or differently numbered tokens/codewords, printed daily until September 1.
Collecting tokens/codewords? Enter them at thesun.co.uk/holidays or post them using the online booking form.
If you are collecting Sun Savers codes, opt in to Hols From £9.50 in the Offers section in the app or on sunsavers.co.uk.
You can even use the cash in your Sun Savers wallet.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
most read in money
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.