HERO firefighters saved the lives of two cats by putting oxygen masks over their faces after they were rescued from a flat fire.
A fire broke out in a second-floor apartment in the north-western Italian city of Turin that is believed to have been started by an electrical fault, reports say.
The local authorities evacuated 15 residents from the building in the city’s Corso Guilio Cesare on Wednesday and luckily no one was injured in the blaze.
Reports said that the apartment where the fire started was completely gutted and declared unfit to live in.
Meanwhile, firefighters found two choking cats, suffering from smoke inhalation in one of the flats and brought them to street level to try to resuscitate them with oxygen.
In the video footage, a firefighter is seen trying to place an oxygen mask over a white cat’s face as he pats its little head.
In the next scene, a motionless ginger and white cat is given oxygen while several firefighters stroke its tummy and try to reanimate it.
A fireman asks the kitten: “How is it? Feeling better?”
MOST READ IN WORLD NEWS
At one point, a caring firefighter even gives bottled water to one of the kittens.
At the end of the video, the two cats are seen alive and well in a cat carrier.
It is unclear whether the kittens have been reunited with their owner yet.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.