IT might only be November, but coffee shops are already gearing up for Christmas and Starbucks, Pret, EAT and Costa have all launched their Christmas menus.
There’s loads to choose from, with 34 different savoury options across all four chains, as well as 23 sweet treats and and 22 festively themed hot drinks.
Unsusprisingly, salted caramel is a firm favourite this year with flavoured coffees and even a yule log featuring a caramel kick.
Other popular sweet flavours included honeycomb and gingerbread.
For meat eaters, there’s the usual vast array of turkey, pigs in blankets and stuffing. While vegetarians have lots of brie and cranberry to look forward to.
Most of the coffee shops have substantially upped their vegan offerings this year, meaning everyone can get into the Christmas spirit.
Here’s what each chain is doing for Christmas this year.
Pret’s Christmas menu
This year Pret has seriously upped it’s “free-from” game with a gluten-free Christmas lunch sandwich, a veggie Christmas lunch special and even a vegan feast.
There’s a lot for fish-lovers too as Pret has brought back it’s lobster roll and also added a fish pie macaroni and cheese.
There’s three sweet options available: a gingerbread snowman, a Christmas tiffin and the usual mince pie.
Of course, there’s festive coffees too, which come in gingerbread or Crème Brûlée flavours and you can also get hazelnut or mint-flavoured hot chocolates.
You can find your nearest Pret here.
- Pret’s Christmas Lunch 2019 – from £3.95
Thick slices of free range turkey with port & orange cranberry sauce, herby pork stuffing and baby spinach leaves. Finished with a dab of free range mayo and crispy onions
- Pret’s Veggie Christmas Lunch 2019 – from £3.75
Roasted butternut squash, rocket and Christmas pesto made with pine nuts, chestnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, parsley and rosemary. Served with a spoonful of yoghurt mayo, crispy
- Very Merry Christmas Lunch (vegan) – from £3.75
Grilled carrots, crispy onions and baby leaf spinach with our festive vegan stuffing and port & orange cranberry sauce. Finished with caramelised pecans for an added Christmas crunch.
- Pret’s Christmas Lunch on Gluten-Free Bread – from £3.75
Free-range turkey, herby pork stuffing, port and orange cranberry sauce, a dollop of free-range mayo, and a touch of seasoning finished with cress all on top of a thick slice of Pret’s gluten-free bread
- Pret’s Christmas Baguette – from £3.99
Thick slices of free range turkey with port & orange cranberry sauce, herby pork stuffing and rocket. Finished with a dab of free range mayo and crispy onions, served on a white baguette.
- Brie, Pistachio & Cranberry Baguette – from £3.50
Slices of delicate French brie with port & orange cranberry sauce, free range mayo, toasted pistachios and a handful of peppery rocket.
- Pret’s Lobster Roll – from £5.99
Maine Lobster claw and knuckle coated in a lemon and chilli mayo on top of slices of cucumber and crisp cos lettuce, finished off with a sprinkling of sliced spring onion all served in a freshly baked baguette.
- Pret’s Fish Pie Mac & Cheese – from £5.75
Tubetti rigati pasta with a mature Cheddar béchamel sauce mixed with soft cheese, cauliflower florets and kale topped with Scottish smoked salmon and finished with a crispy breadcrumb topping
- Pret’s Turkey & Ham Soup – from £3.80 (also available as a side soup)
Rich, warming broth filled with turkey, ham, cabbage and carrots with subtle rosemary and thyme flavours.
- Pret Mince Pie – from £1.60
A traditional handmade Christmas treat. (contains alcohol)
- Christmas Tiffin – from 60p
Gingerbread biscuit with cranberries, chocolate and chopped pistachios.
- Melvin, Pret’s Melting Gingerbread Snowman – from £1.50
Meet Melvin, Pret’s gingerbread, icing and marshmallow-headed snowman.
- Gingerbread Latte – from £3.00
- Crème Brûlée Latte – from £3.00
- Mint Hot Chocolate – from £3.00
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate – from £3.00
EAT’s festive feasts
EAT’s Christmas menu includes old favourites like its award-winning mince pies and new additions such a peppermint brownie and Christmas dinner hot pot.
Also back on the menu is Eat’s popular roast in a Yorkshire pudding wrap, which costs £4.99.
You’ll also be able to get your hands on the much-loved pigs in blankets pots, as well as pigs in blankets, mash and gravy.
The Eat sandwich chain has 95 branches in the UK, 75 of which are in London
It also has stores in Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Sheffield, Bristol and at many international airports.
You can find your nearest store using its store finder.
- Christmas Dinner Hot Pot – from £6.25
A creamy hot pot with chunks of turkey, leeks, carrots and parsnips served with mashed potato and braised red cabbage.
- Smoked Salmon, Beetroot & Horseradish on Dark Rye Bloomer – from £4.50
Scottish smoked salmon and horseradish pate, beetroot relish and spinach on a dark rye bloomer.
- Spiced Cauliflower, Houmous & Harissa Grains – from £4.99
Spiced cauliflower with butternut houmous, harissa grains, pomegranate and a creamy tahini dressing.
- Pigs in Blankets Pots – from £2.95
Six delicious British sausages wrapped in maple-cured bacon served with cranberry sauce.
- Pigs in Blankets Roll – from £3.99
A crusty roll packed full of pigs in blankets, lashings of wholegrain mustard mayonnaise and a sweet ale onion chutney.
- Pigs, Mash & Gravy – from £5.95
Pigs in blankets, creamy mashed potato, lashings of gravy and topped with crispy onions.
- Roast in a Yorkshire Pudding Wrap – from £4.99
Turkey, pork, sage & onion stuffing and streaky bacon with sage mayonnaise and cranberry sauce, all rolled up in a giant Yorkshire pudding.
- Festive Full Works Bloomer – from £3.99
Turkey, stuffing, streaky bacon, cranberry sauce, chicken mayonnaise & spinach topped off with crispy onions, in a wheat baguette on a white bloomer
- Festive Full Works on Malted Wheat Baguette – from £4.25
Turkey, stuffing, streaky bacon, cranberry sauce, chicken mayonnaise & spinach topped off with crispy onions, in a wheat baguette
- Ham, French Brie & Cranberry Baguette – from £3.85
French brie, cranberry sauce, butter, slices of ham and spinach in a freshly baked white baguette.
- Brie, Cranberry & Nut Stuffing Bloomer – from £3.99
Creamy Brie and crunchy nut stuffing with sweet peppery cranberry sauce and spinach on onion seed bloomer
- Festive Peppermint Brownie – from £1.99
A gooey chocolatey brownie topped with peppermint cream cheese frosting and edible gold star
- Mince Pie – from £1.50
- Gingerbread Latte – from £2.95
- Honeycomb Hot Chocolate – from £2.95
Costa’s Christmas range
Costa has the largest menu of all the coffee shops with ten savoury mains, 12 Christmassy drink options and a whopping 13 puddings and sweet treats.
It also has the most new launches this year, including a brand new Irish Coffee flavoured range.
The Irish velvet flavour is available to try in a latte, cappuccino or hot chocolate.
On the food front, the chain is launching a Terry’s Chocolate Orange muffin, complete with orange sauce and topped with a segment of the iconic chocolate on top.
There’s also a brand new pigs in blankets Mac ‘N’ Cheese for just £3.95.
The price you’ll pay for your Costa varies from store to store, so do keep that in mind when ordering.
Costa has almost 2,500 branches in the UK and you can find your nearest one by clicking here.
- British Beef & Caramelised Onion Baguette – from £3.95
- Brie, Bacon & Cranberry Panini – from £3.95
- British Pigs & Blankets Mac & Cheese – from £3.95
- British Turkey & the Trimmings Toastie – from £3.95
- British Turkey Feast Baguette – from £3.95
Succulent turkey breast, British Beechwood Smoked Bacon, Sage & Onion Stuffing & Cranberry Sauce
- British Turkey Feast Sandwich – from £3.60
British Turkey with Beechwood smoked bacon, pork sausage, sage & onion stuffing and cranberry sauce on malted bread.
- British Turkey, Bacon & Stuffing Wrap – £3.50
Moist turkey, bacon and crispy onions with cranberry sauce & spinach.
- Festive Pigs Under Blankets Stone baked Panini – £3.95
- Festive Veggies under Vests Sandwich – £2.20 £3.20
- Spiced Parsnip Soup – £2.95
- Black & White Forest Wreath Cake – from £2.95
Chocolate sponge filled with sweetened cherries, topped with buttercream, decorated with sour cherries and dark chocolate.
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffin – from £2.25
A chocolate orange muffin base filled with Terry’s Chocolate Orange ganache and topped with chocolate icing and a single Terry’s Chocolate Orange segment.
- Mince Pie – from £2.10
All butter pastry case filled with mincemeat, topped with a pastry decoration and finished with a sugar dusting.
- Gluten Free Mince Tart – from £2.10
- Chocolate Chip Panettone – from £2.00
A twist on a classic panettone – with chocolate chip pieces.
- Christmas Santa Gingerbread – from £1.95
Our signature gingerbread recipe, with mallow Father Christmas face decoration. Not suitable for Vegetarians.
- Clementine & Mascarpone Loaf Cake – from £2.65
- Gluten Free Iced Slice – from £1.80
A rich gluten free and vegan fruit cake, with a rich layer of marzipan, and a layer of fondant icing.
- Penelope Polar Bear – from £2.65
A light chocolate sponge with vanilla frosting, and decorative chocolate pieces.
- Peter Penguin Shortcake – from £1.75
- Rocky Road (Vegan) – from £2.25
Fully loaded Rocky Road, filled with biscuits, marshmallows, glace cherries and lightly dusted with sugar snow.
- Salted Caramel Yule Log – from £2.85
Chocolate sponge, filled and covered with chocolate flavour frosting, finished with chocolate decorations and salted caramel drizzle.
- White Chocolate & Honeycomb Trillionaires – from £1.95
Shortbread base with a layer of caramel and white chocolate with sprinkles of golden honeycomb, milk chocolate drizzle.
- Winter Character Roast (coffee blend) – 25p
- Irish Velvet Latte (Called Irish Coffee Flavour Latte in ROI & NI) – from £3.30
- Hazelnut Praline Latte – from £3.30
- Gingerbread Latte – from £3.30
- Irish Velvet Cappuccino (Called Irish Coffee Flavour Latte ROI & NI) – from £2.95
- Festive Spiced Cappuccino – from £2.85 (NEW)
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate – from £3.35
- Hazelnut Praline Hot Chocolate – from £3.35
- Irish Velvet Hot Chocolate (called Irish Coffee Flavour Hot Chocolate in ROI & NI) – from £3.35
- Black Forest & Cream Hot Chocolate – from £3.35
- Christmas Tea (UK & IRELAND ONLY) – from £2.30 (NEW)
- Hot Spiced Apple – from £2.50
- Irish Velvet Frostino (called Irish Coffee Flavour Frostino in ROI & NI) from – £3.45 (NEW)
- Hazelnut Praline Frostino – from £3.45
Starbucks’ Christmas offering
First up, Starbucks is bringing back its original reusable Red Cup, giving everyone the chance to have their fix of festive cheer, sustainably.
This will be the second year the cups will be appearing and they will be available whilst stocks last.
If coffee isn’t your thing, Starbucks is also launching a brand-new festive treat − the toasted marshmallow hot chocolate.
The coffee chain hasn’t yet confirmed any prices for this year’s food menu.
But if you download the Starbucks app, you should be able to view prices in your nearest shop.
You can find your nearest branch using the store locator tool.
- Tis’ the Season Turkey sandwich
Pulled turkey with chestnut, sage & onion stuffing with cranberry sauce on a malted bread
- Brie & cran-merry focaccia
Brie & pickled red onions with cranberry sauce in a rosemary topped focaccia
- Turkey festive feast panini
Pulled turkey, hickory smoked bacon & Emmental cheese with a cranberry chutney on a rustic panini
- Very Merry Vegan Wrap with Butternut
Crumbled butternut squash fritters & roasted red cabbage with a vegan maple mustard mayonnaise in a beetroot wrap
- Mince Pie
Classic Christmas pastry with rich mincemeat filling, topped with a pastry star and finished with sweet snow dust shimmer.
- Christmas Tree Brownie
Chocolate brownie with a layer of chocolate buttercream and finished with a sprinkling of gold dust
- Twinkle and Sprinkle Caramel Cupcake
Butterscotch cupcake, caramel sauce filling, salted caramel buttercream topping
- Christmas Bauble Chocolate Loaf Cake
A chocolate loaf cake with dark chocolate chips, topped with a milk chocolate buttercream with silver balls and deco
- Christmas Crispie Pop Caramel
Puffed rice coated with chocolate milkshake dipped in festive chocolate sprinkles
- Toasted marshmallow hot chocolate – from £3.10 (short)
- Gingerbread latte – from £3.15 (short)
- Toffee nut latte – from £3.15 (short)
- Eggnog latte – from £3.15 (short)
- Gingerbread latte Frappuccino
- Toffee nut latte Frappuccino (also available in mini)
- Eggnog latte Frappuccino
MORE ON MONEY NEWS
There’s still time to try Costa’s autumn menu which includes a Lotus Biscoff muffin and bonfire spiced latte.
Last Christmas, Starbucks released one red as well as green reusable cup for the first time ever.
Sample Eat’s pigs in blankets pot while you can, there could be a shortage of pigs in blankets this Christmas.