Deandre Baker released from jail on $200k bond after Giants CB turned himself in over ‘armed raid’ with Seahawks CB

NFL cornerbacks Deandre Baker and Quinton Dunbar have been released from jail on bond after allegedly robbing people at a BBQ in Florida last week.

The bail for Baker, of the New York Giants, was set at $200,000 and he was freed on Sunday morning — $25,000 for each of the eight counts he faces in connection with the incident on Wednesday night.

Splash News

Deandre Baker, 22, was freed from jail on $200,000 bond on Sunday morning, authorities said[/caption]

Dunbar, a 27-year-old who plays for the Seattle Seahawks, was let go on $100,000 bond, which was also set at $25,000 for each of the counts he faces.

The men surrendered to the Miramar Police Department on Saturday after warrants were issued for their arrests.

The two were attending a cookout at a home near Miami when a fight broke out, police said.

Baker allegedly pulled out a handgun before the NFL players, along with two other men, started to rob people at the party of watches, thousands of dollars in cash, and other valuable items, according to witnesses.

Splash News

Quinton Dunbar, 27, was released on $100,000 bond after turning himself in to police in connection was an apparently ‘armed robbery’[/caption]

Among the apparently stolen items was an $18,000 Rolex watch.

Both of them were charged with four counts of armed robbery with a firearm and four counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. He turned himself in at the Broward County Jail.

Baker’s attorney announced on Saturday there was “video evidence” proving the 22-year-old’s innocence.

Lawyer Bradley Cohen confirmed his client had surrendered to police and claimed there is a “trove” of evidence that exonerates him.

Cohen wrote on Instagram: “We will be presenting the trove of evidence we have obtained over the past 3 days to the judge at the right time.”

“7 affidavits exonerating my client and video evidence.”

Getty Images – Getty

Baker, whose deal with the Giants is reportedly worth more than $10 million, was hoping to become a starter in the 2020 season[/caption]

The attorney also urged people not to “rush to [judgment]” over the allegations.

“Police reports are just that, reports of what was told to them or said to them,” the attorney said.

“Court is what we use to then examine those reports, investigate those claims and allow the Defendant an opportunity to confront the evidence. Don’t rush to [judgment].”

The Seahawks said in a statement that the team was “aware of the situation involving Quinton Dunbar and still gathering information. We will defer all further comment to league investigators and local authorities.”

Baker is expected to compete for a starting place with the Giants during the 2020 season, having signed a four-year $10.5million contract.

Dunbar has a reported salary of $3.25 million with the Seahawks.

Getty Images – Getty

Reports about whether or not Dunbar was armed are conflicting[/caption]

According to a police affidavit, Baker and Dunbar were hanging out at a cookout when an argument broke out.

From there, cops said, Baker took out a semi-automatic firearm and the pair began to rob party guests.

Police said that, at one point, Baker directed an unnamed third man, who was wearing a red mask, to shoot at another party-goer – but no-one was actually shot.

COOKOUT CONFRONTATION

According to law enforcement, the men made off with more than $7,000 in cash.

Several valuable items were also taken, police said, including an $18,000 Rolex and a $25,000 Hublot timepiece, and a pricey Audemars Piguet watch was also reportedly taken.

Reports about whether or not Dunbar was armed are conflicting.

A witness told police that a few days earlier they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party in Miami.

According to the witness, the men had “lost” around $70,000, which sources told TMZ were a result of high-stakes gambling.

One witness told police that the NFL stars were gambling when the incident broke out on May 13.

Police said some people at the party believed the robbery was planned, as there were allegedly three getaway cars that were positioned to “expedite an immediate departure.”

The Giants said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation. We have been in contact with DeAndre. We have no further comment at this time.”

Link

(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply