DENISE Welch has slammed Roxanne Pallett’s apology towards Ryan Thomas.
Roxanne apologised earlier today after she claimed the former Coronation Street actor had punched her repeatedly in the Celebrity Big Brother house.
Denise: “She’s apologised because she’s caught out, is what I feel. I feel very very strongly about this on so many levels.
“To be perfectly honest there is nothing she can say to convince me that it wasn’t the most horrific things I’ve seen on television.”
She added: “The fact is the only place in Celebrity Big Brother is the toilet. But if for example if Ryan and Roxanne would have gone in there and accused him of hitting her there…
“Ryan’s career, but not only his career but his life would have been completely over.
“Even those who wouldn’t have believed her would have had to be perceived to believe her because of the strength of the Me Too movement.
She knew it was play fighting.
“She basically set out to ruin Ryan,. she was manipulative, she was vindictive and I hope we don’t see the likes of her again because she has done a disservice to real victims of domestic violence.”
She added: “She knew exactly what she was doing.”
The ‘punch row’ so far
- Roxanne Pallett sensationally apologises after claiming Ryan Thomas punched her and calling him a ‘woman beater’ on Celebrity Big Brother
- She’s comforted by fiance Lee Walton after making the apology on Jeremy Vine’s new show
- The actress is slammed by TWENTY of her ex-Emmerdale co-stars who back Ryan over the play fight row
- Lorraine Kelly urges Roxanne to seek help and ‘get her head straight’
- Lucy Mecklenburgh demands CBB bosses revoke boyfriend Ryan’s warning over the ‘punch’
- Roxanne is blasted by former managers who say they “recognise the person everyone is now seeing very well”
- Ryan’s brother Adam blasts Roxanne’s “pathetic” apology interview
- His other brother Scott calls on viewers to vote for him to win CBB
- Ofcom is flooded with more than 11,000 complaints, as fans vent their anger on social media
- Roxanne quits the show in the early hours of Saturday morning and will not be getting her fee
Denise added: “People always say there’s no smoke without fire, well this is proof there is smoke without fire.”
Defending Ryan, Denise added: “Ryan has just proved what a gentlemen he is, not knowing what’s going on, he’s shown no malice.”
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ
When anchor Andrea McClean said the show had to be balanced towards Roxanne, Denise replied: “I understand your point, but I don’t care.”
She also alluded to run ins she herself had had with Roxanne saying: “It’s not her first BBQ, believe me it’s not.”
Got a story? email email@example.com or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.