THE Easter bank holiday weekend is fast approaching and GP services across the nation will be much reduced.
But just because it’s the long weekend doesn’t mean you will not get ill. Here are the details on the opening hours.
What are my GP surgery opening hours for the Easter weekend 2019?
Patients are encouraged to organise appointments and prescriptions for the week leading up the bank holiday weekend.
Most GPs will be shut Good Friday (April 19), Easter Sunday (April 21) and Easter Monday (April 22).
Some GPs may offer appointments on the Saturday, April 20.
GPs in your area may also be operating an out-of-hours service, but these vary from practice to practice.
You can check to see what your GP will be doing during the Easter weekend here.
How can I see a GP over the Easter weekend?
Outside normal surgery hours you can still phone your GP practice, but you’ll usually be directed to an out-of-hours service.
The out-of-hours period is all day at the weekends and Monday.
Consider calling NHS 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice, but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
MOST READ IN HEALTH NEWS
What are the bank holiday days for 2019?
- January 1st, 2019 New Year’s Day Nationwide – on a Tuesday
- January 2nd, 2019 2nd January Scotland – on a Wednesday
- March 17th, 2019 St Patrick’s Day Northern Ireland – on a Sunday
- March 18th, 2019 Substitute day (for St Patrick’s Day)Northern Ireland – on a Monday
- April 19th, 2019 Good Friday Nationwide – on a Friday
- April 22nd, 2019 Easter Monday England, Wales and Northern Ireland – on a Monday
- May 6th, 2019 Early May Bank Holiday (May Day) Nationwide – on a Monday
- May 27th, 2019 Spring Bank Holiday Nationwide – on a Monday
- July 12th, 2019 Battle of the Boyne (The Twelfth/Orangemen’s Day) Northern Ireland – on a Friday
- August 5th, 2019 August Bank Holiday Scotland – on a Monday
- August 26th, 2019 August Bank Holiday England, Wales and Northern Ireland – on a Monday
- November 30th, 2019 St Andrew’s Day Scotland – on a Saturday
- December 2nd, 2019 Substitute day (for St Andrew’s Day) Scotland – on a Monday
- December 25th, 2019 Christmas Day Nationwide – on a Wednesday
- December 26th, 2019 Boxing Day Nationwide – on a Thursday