WITH the return of The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, it is time to quickstep to your sofa and settle down for a big family night in.
Whichever show you choose, these great-value TV meals, snacks and nibbles will get your vote. And we have some great ideas to cook up tasty TV feasts with recipes from morrisons.com.
THERE are great deals on pizza, the ultimate sofa food. X Factor, Strictly… if you need more cheese:
- Morrisons Thin & Crispy Cheese Feast Pizza is £2, or buy two for £3
- Buy three for £10 on Waitrose Hand Stretched Pepperoni Pizza and Waitrose Hand Stretched Margherita Pizza, or £4.50 each
- And get three for £4 on Tesco Stonebaked Thin Pizzas, £1.50 each
NO need to make a meal of it, with great offers on these easy-to-share nibbles.
- Pass around Asda Hand-Cooked Salt and Cider Vinegar Crisps, 150g, 85p
- Save £1.09 on Walkers Tear’n’Share Thicker Cut Crisps, was £2.09, now £1.
- Save 35p on Sainsbury’s Hot Salsa Dip, 230g, now £1
- Asda’s 16-Piece Sharing Selection, including pakora, samosas and bhajis, is £3
- Save 50p on nine pieces of Sainsbury’s Steamed Dim Sum & Dip, now £2
SETTLE in for a long evening in front of the telly with these deals to feed a hungry family.
- Save £7.19 with Co-op’s Frozen Meal Deal including Young’s Chip Shop 2 Extra Large Fish Fillets In Batter, Young’s 10 Flipper Dippers, McCain Oven Chips, Co-op British Garden Peas and Carte D’or Tub Vanilla Ice Cream, all for £5.
- Love Indian or Chinese? Get two mains and two sides for £7 at Morrisons.
- And there are six new M&S Deep & Loaded pizzas. Treat yourself to two and two sides for £10 – saving £8.
IF you have got a sweet tooth, these sharing treats will help you get into the Big Night In spirit.
- Cadbury Celebrations 450g pouches, two for £5, or £4 each
- Buy two for £2 or £1.55 individually on Morrisons The Best Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies or Morrisons The Best Salted Caramel Cookies, four in each pack
- Get a lot of chocs for your dosh by saving £2 on Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Belgian Chocolate Assortment, 200g, now £4.50
- Buy two bags of selected sweet treats from Tesco for £1.50, including Tesco Milk Chocolate Raisins, 200g, and Tesco Jelly Beans, 200g, both 89p each
- Share two packs of Tesco Bites for £3, saving 60p, until Monday including Tesco Chocolate Brownie Bites and Tesco Flapjack Bites, 20 in each pack
Good for you
A BIG night in does not have to mean a big blowout. These healthy nibbles will mean you will not get a fright when you step on the scales.
- Save £1 on Sainsbury’s Mango Fridge Bag, 500g, now £3.50
- Save 25p on Sainsbury’s Red Seedless Grapes, 500g, now £1.50
- Save a third on Waitrose 1 Perfectly Soft Dried Mango, was £3.99, now £2.66
- Get two for £3 on Tesco soft fruit punnets – strawberries, 400g, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, all 150g, £2 each
You can get all the ingredients you need for Mrs Crunch’s recipes at Morrisons
Lime, coriander & ginger chicken fajitas
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1cm strips
- 35g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 limes – zest and juice of 4, plus 2 cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 avocados
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Place the chicken, grated ginger, grated lime zest and lime juice into a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut two limes into wedges. Put 2tbsp sour cream and mango chutney into two separate pots on a serving platter.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat.
- Griddle the marinated chicken in batches, ensuring the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Place the cooked chicken on to a serving platter.
Just before serving, slice the avocado and place on the serving platter. Warm the tortilla wraps and serve with the sliced avocado, sour cream, lime wedges, coriander leaves and chicken.
Pizza quattro stagioni
- 650g strong plain flour
- 5g fast acting yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 50ml milk
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano;
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 50g black olives
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 50g pepperoni
- 2 mozzarella balls
MOST READ IN MRS CRUNCH
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and milk and knead to make a soft dough. Cover. When doubled in size divide into four. Roll out to 12in diameter discs. Put on a baking tray.
- To make the tomato topping chop the onion and crush the garlic, cook in oil until soft. Add tin tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the oregano, then season.
- Slice the mushrooms and courgettes and sauté for five minutes. Slice the olives and cherry tomatoes. Tear the buffalo mozzarella into chunks and mix with oil and oregano.
- Coat each base with the tomato sauce, then add one of the four toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, olives etc). Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 180C/Fan 160/Gas 4 for ten minutes. Serve hot.