JEFFREY Epstein’s infamous Palm Beach mansion where he lured underage girls before abusing them has sold for $18million.
The waterfront property has reportedly been purchased by Florida real estate developer Todd Michael Glaser – with the money now due to be dished out to his victims.
Epstein’s lavish Palm Beach mansion was a house of horrors where he abused teens[/caption]
Jeffrey Epstein killed himself before he could be brought to trial in 2019[/caption]
Glaser has previously said he wants to bulldoze the property – which includes a main house with six bedrooms, a staff house and pool – and a build a new mansion in its place, reports the NYPost.
“Palm beach is going to be very happy that it’s gone,” Glaser said in November.
Authorities have said that at least 40 girls were brought to the mansion for what turned out to be sexual encounters.
Underage girls are alleged to have been brought to the mansion under the pretense of giving massages – only to then be sexually abused by Epstein.
One of Epstein’s most high profile victims, Virginia Giuffre, claims she was taken to the mansion after being approached by Maxwell while working at Donald Trump’s club Mar-a-Lago.
The purchase comes just days after Epstein’s 71st Street Manhattan townhouse also sold for around $50million.
Both of the sales has freed up cash for the Victims’ Compensation Program, which needs to be replenished by $10million.
The fund had to pause offering compensation to women who were sexually abused by Epstein after the state ran out of cash.
Victims had to wait until funds were freed up as the mulitmillonaire paedo’s properties and other assets – such as his aircraft – are sold off.
Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell are alleged to have hid in plain sight among the rich and powerful[/caption]
In a statement, fund manager Jordana Feldman said: “I am pleased to report that the Program can now resume full operations after this unfortunate and unexpected month-long delay.
“We have continued to process claims and hold meetings with claimants in anticipation of the resolution of the estate’s liquidity issue, and will begin issuing compensation offers immediately.”
More than 175 claims have been paid out worth some $67million to eligible claimants who were abused by Epstein as part of his twisted web of money, power and sexual abuse.
The deadline has passed for registered for the fund but anyone who hasn’t filed a claim yet has until March 25.
Epstein had a large property portfolio, which included homes throughout the world.
As well as the houses in Palm Beach and New York City, he had an apartment in Paris, a ranch in New Mexico, and a now-notorious private island located in the US Virgin Islands.
Epstein rubbed shoulders with numerous celebrities – including Donald Trump[/caption]
Epstein killed himself while awaiting trial for his sex crimes back in August 2019, but Maxwell remains in prison and his due to face the court in July.
Both are alleged to have hid in plain sight as they rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful, hiding a horrific global network of sex abuse.
Maxwell’s lawyers have denied allegations against her, and accused Epstein’s victims of trying to turn her into a “scapegoat” following the death of paedophile.
It comes as Epstein victim Giuffre took aim at the Royal Family this week following Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell interview on Oprah.
The 37-year-old – who alleges she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17 – compared the Palace’s apparent handling of The Duke to the claims made by the Sussexes.
She said the Palace should “hang their heads in shame” over comments made by Meghan that the family would “protect” other Royals – but not do the same for them.
Prince Andrew continues to face allegations over his ties to Epstein[/caption]
Prince Andrew has been under pressure for years over his links to the disgraced financier, but has denied all allegations against him.
He is alleged to have been pals with the billionaire, and is accused of having sex with Virginia after she was trafficked by Epstein and Maxwell.
The Duke was pictured with his arm around the then 17-year-old’s waist at the home of Maxwell in London in 2001 – but he has since cast doubt on the authenticity of the famous photo.
Andrew denies any impropriety over his friendship with Epstein and categorically denies ever having sex with Virginia – but stepped back from Royal duties following a car crash BBC interview in 2019.
Most read in News
It comes as US lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents some of the women who were victims of Epstein, but not Virginia, suggested the Palace is making a “calculated decision” to take on Meghan in a bid to take the focus off Andrew.
The lawyer among those who are campaigning for Andrew to offer himself for an interview by the FBI as the probe continues into Epstein and Maxwell.
Andrew has been accused of failing to cooperate with the wide-scale investigations into what is believed to be a huge sex trafficking ring steeped in money and power.
The Duke has insisted he is “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations” – but so far has not yet spoken to US authorities.