Epic Games has released details about the latest Fortnite patch on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and iOS. Game servers were taken offline while update 5.20 rolled out and among the various performance and gameplay tweaks, the update adds new features to both Battle Royale and Save the World modes.
One of the major additions to Battle Royale is the new Double Barrel Shotgun, which Epic describes in its Fortnite 5.20 patch notes as “devastating near.” It continues: “Double Barrel Shotgun packs one stroke with each of their two shots.” The update also throws a new limited time-frame called Steady Storm in the mix: “This storm is waiting for no players and there are no safe zones,” says Epic. “Stay aware of the map and continue moving it to the center of the circle in Steady Storm LTM.”
In Save the World mode, Ragnarok, The Dark Viking, has performed, giving the players a mythical landlord with a soil degradation ability called seismic influence to contradict. In addition, there are new Horde Challenges that enable players to test [their] skills and earn a lot of loot. “
Take a look at the complete patents for Fortnite update v5.20 below, with permission of Epic.
Fortnite Update v5.20 Patch Notes (Battle Royale)
- Reduced Remote Explosives drop count and max stack size.
- Droplet decrease decreased from 4 to 3.
- Max stack size decreased from 10 to 6.
- Added a higher accuracy penalty for jumping and sprinting for dual guns, submachine weapons and hunting rifles.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes causes the storm in phase 6 to make 1 minor damage than intended.
- Fixed replication problems caused by interaction with a guided missile.
- ] The weapon fire position now follows closer to the current player position as he hangs and hooks.
- Shooting as you leave the crooked position will no longer shoot bullets from full standing altitude until the animation is complete.
- Crouch does not interrupt emotions anymore and is disabled when emotion.
- Some player models no longer stop camera angles or block crosshairs on slopes.
- Fixed a problem where a wall would be invisible when it was destroyed on a client, but would still have some health on the server.
- The camera will no longer immediately pass when trying to target some weapons during midair.
- The dropout option will no longer be inadvertently cycling when switching to available traps.
- Fixed an inadvertent camera setting when you enter and exit orientation while in and out
- Visual effects will now be played correctly when a vehicle affects an environmental damage.
- Fixed reliability issues when using a rocket launcher to increase shopping carts or ATK.
- Fixed a temporary failure with slip release after releasing a Rift.
- The shift of weapons after a spinal cord will now play the right weapon exchange animation.
- Slurp Juice no longer continues to heal or
- Player-placed map markers will no longer be jittered at the miniport or in the world.
- Significant GPU optimization on Switch. Moved to advanced forwarders. This increases dynamic resolution by 10% in expensive scenes.
- Optimized how explosives change buildings to ease the load on dedicated servers.
- Building support has more efficient network usage in case of damage.
- Melee animation tracks now use significantly less network traffic.
- Optimized C4 network usage, the broadcast audio no longer sends to players outside a certain range.
- Added new equipped sounds to grenades.
- Add the ability to base yourself when driving ATK.
- Reduced the volume of beating sound
- Added sound effects for when spectators leave the match.
- In the Locker menu, the slide sound will fade out when unchecked.
- Thermal Scoped Assault The Rifle scope-in sound is no longer plugged to the left of the Switch.
- The sound for rocket-incoming sound is now played properly under stretched battles.
- Surrounding sound loops no longer stop on each other and play at once. This created an audio phase problem that sounded like a “fighter plane”.
- Footsteps will no longer be uneven to players outside your field of vision.
- Players will no longer hear “ghost footsteps” after eliminating an enemy.
- The Challenge Menu can now be opened in the game.
- In addition, daily and proposed challenges have been added to the Map screen at stake.
- Changed the Battle Royale Challenges screen to show the remaining challenge stack unlock time as countdown when it is less than 19 hours away.
- Show off your skills in the elimination flow when landing a trick in terrain maps.
- Solve a problem with the buttons at the top of the Outfit Style Selection Overlap screen.
- Eliminations in the Haunted Hills Challenge will now be displayed so hard.
- Players who have unlocked the option of choosing color styles for the carbide and omega outfits will no longer be randomly excluded.
- The “Switch Favorite” option no longer appears when selecting styles.
- The building field is no longer active if it was active on the heating island.
- Quest updates and turnkey tips are no longer over ap on HUD.
- Punctuation in the challenge descriptions has been corrected.
- Fixed clipping on object return screen for systems with aggressive Safe Zone settings.
- Changing the setting in the inside of the combat bus will no longer be raised to the full HUD earlier than intended.
- HUD will now show the vehicle currently running rather than the one that was last driven.
Art + Animation
- Updated effect of lighting on character models.
- Added gear and keep animations for all grenades.
- The size of the football in the juggling emote has been fixed.
- Leaning on All Terrain Karts no longer suspends emotes.
- Player Models
- Bug fixes
- Cameras are no longer stuck in a bad state while following the Battleboat.
- Jump quickly through a non-desktop replay platform, no longer causing a crash.
- The players remaining for 50v50 LTM are now displayed correctly when viewing repetitions.
- Damage rate switches in the replays now work properly.
- The injury number is now displayed correctly in the final elimination
- Player list on the map screen is now working properly using a gamepad.
- Health and screen bars in the list of map screens are now displayed correctly.
- Custom fire mode selection screen added to mix
- Added FPS (frames per second) mode setting for mobile devices.
- Added another individual quickbar button to the HUD layout tool.
- Added Mobile Elimination Feed.
- Separate Quickbar buttons are more visible in the HUD Layout tool.
- The harvesting tool will now switch between itself and the previously selected item when they were dropped.
- Closed or expired Challenges are cleared while navigating betwe a challenge.
- Ramps will no longer be built through other ramps.
- Photography when interacting with objects no longer exists.
- Fixed inconsistency with support for mobile low power mode.
A new set of weekly issues will be scheduled in Fortnite on Thursday, August 9th. If you need a hand that addresses the current challenges, check out our Fortnite Season 5 challenges to get information about each, as well as guides on how to do them.