IT’S set to be a sizzling summer – which means it’s time to squeeze every drop of fun out of the coming months before the sun goes south for the winter.
Bumbags and Aperol spritz are so last year, so to help you sort your seasonal shopping list, we’ve compiled the ultimate guide of everything you need to make sure you are bang on trend.
From what to drink to what to wear, JENNY FRANCIS presents Fabulous Daily’s summer hot list.
1 — Confetti nails
Set to take over your Instagram feed, beauty addicts are jazzing up their nails with confetti polishes. Holiday nails sorted.
- Try Cienna Rose confetti nails range, £9 from ciennarose.com
2 — Women’s World Cup
Watch England Ladies in action. The tournament kicks off on Friday, with our girls playing their first match on Sunday against Scotland.
- Watch on BBC1 from 5pm.
3 — Romcom read
It wouldn’t be a holiday without getting stuck into a funny, romantic novel – and Lindsey Kelk’s I Heart Hawaii is perfect for the beach.
- Heart Hawaii, by Lindsey Kelk, £5.75 from amazon.co.uk
4 — Metal straws
Only the devil still uses plastic straws. Keep metal straws in your bag in case of cocktail-related emergencies, or pop them in G&Ts at a summer barbecue.
- Reusable drinking straws, £8.95 from amazon.co.uk
5 — Prosecco walls
It doesn’t matter if it’s a wedding, a baby shower, or a barbie, no al-fresco event is complete without a wall of Prosecco-filled glasses. Floral walls are so over.
- Gold Prosecco Wall, £15 from hobbycraft.co.uk
6 — Flamingo ringo
The tropical-themed ring-toss game comes with three metal flamingos and six metal rings that will have you and your friends embracing your competitive spirit in no time.
- Flamingo Ringo Game, £20 from Urban Outfitters
7 — Avocado pinata
It sounds very “millennial” but one of these hanging from the tree is guaranteed to get the fun going at any summer soiree. The kids can join in, too.
- Avocado pinata, £13 from Paperchase
8 — Meat-free bbq
Halloumi burgers and grilled corn on the cob will make up for a lack of burgers.
- Fresh Veggie BBQ recipes, by Charlotte and David Bailey, £14.99 from amazon.co.uk
9 — Milkshake beer
No, not a fruity milkshake with beer. These are India pale ales brewed with lactose to give a fuller body and slightly milky taste. Sounds gross, tastes delicious.
- Bad Co. Off Tempo Milkshake IPA, £3.09 from beerhawk.co.uk
10 — Orange wine
Rosé has ruled summer for a while, but pink needs to make way for orange. Orange wines, made by leaving the grape skins and seeds in contact with the juice, are popping up on menus and supermarket shelves.
- Orange natural wine, £14.99 from gettingpersonal.co.uk
11 — Simple swimwear
When it comes to your swimwear this season, simplicity is key. Clean lines and plain designs to create a defined silhouette are a must-have – and the one-piece is bigger than ever.
- Swimsuit, £8 from Primark
12 — Old-school ices
Rather than dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, fun-free ice creams, everyone is going retro with their icy choices this summer.
- Nestle’s Nobbly Bobbly Ice Lollies, £2.20 from Tesco
13 — Drinks holder
From banana boats for your floats to a tropical island for your cocktail, an inflatable drinks holder is the must-have pool accessory.
- Island, £7 from skinnydiplondon.com
14 — Hair clips
If you want to be a-head of the rest this summer, wear as many hair clips as you can get your hands on.
- Set of hair clips, £15.99 from Zara
15 — Barely-there sandals
A fave in the Nineties and this season’s “it” footwear. Think Rachel from Friends. Team with a pair of jeans or silk skirt.
- Sandals, £39 from Topshop
16 — Prairie dress
The Western-inspired trend is huge this season. A square neckline paired with a midi length makes for the perfect prairie dress and is our summer go-to.
- Pink dress, £65 from asos.com
17 — Festival chair
The Fat Boy lounger “inflates” in seconds and doubles up as a sofa and lounger.
- Fatboy Lamzac lounger, £74.50 from Selfridges or fatboy.com
18 — Outdoor chilling
We all want to get cosy when the evenings get chilly. Rugs like this one help to bring the indoors outdoors.
- Talking Tables Global Gathering outdoor rug, £30 from talkingtables.co.uk
19 — Slider workouts
Possibly the cheapest full-body workout, Sliders are also light, so they can be taken on holiday.
- Dalton Wong’s Home Workout, £48 from twentytwotraining.com
most read in fabulous
20 — One for the kids
They’ve been a firm favourite for a while, and this year Trunki has two new designs – Flossi the Flamingo and Percy the Police Car.
- £39.99 from trunki.co.uk
- GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com