Girl, 17, died after taking super-strength ‘Mastercard’ ecstasy at her first rave

A TEENAGE girl died after taking super-strength “Mastercard” ecstasy at her first rave, an inquest heard.

Faye Allen, 17, suffered a reaction to the party drug while at a Don’t Let Daddy Know (#DLDK) club night with her boyfriend in Trafford.

Faye Allen, 17, died after taking super-strength ecstasy
MEN Media

The teen, from Liverpool, fell seriously ill and went into cardiac arrest before passing away on May 2, 2016.

An inquest into her death heard how Faye’s toxicology report was at the “upper end” of drug fatalities, with the amount in her system at a level where death was “almost inevitable”.

The event’s contracted security manager, Carl Symes, told the hearing he received a call from a colleague asking for assistance at 4.02am.

He said: “I felt that she was being held up by staff. She could not stand up by herself.

“Her head was tilting back and was floppy. She still had some control over her movements.

“She wasn’t able to move herself, I feel. If you are drunk, you are quite loose and Faye wasn’t that – I couldn’t put my finger on why.”

QUESTIONS OVER TREATMENT

The inquest was told Faye was first taken to an on-site medical centre before an ambulance was called – despite paramedics attending to a man with a head injury straight away.

Coroner Alison Mutch said: “I don’t really understand why this man upstairs – everyone realised they need an ambulance – but you don’t think to call an ambulance for Faye.

“The man upstairs has an ambulance called straight away without a medic having a look at him, and Faye, who needs two people to hold her up, doesn’t have an ambulance called straight away.”

FAYE’S FINAL MOMENTS

When the stricken teen arrived at the medical centre, she was seen by first responders, whose role was to triage and take observations from patients.

Ambulance technician Grant Howard said Faye was semi-conscious, had blood pressure of just 50/30, a temperature of 38.2 and a rapid heart rate of 186 beats a minute.

When a rapid response Ambulance Service paramedic arrived on the scene, he contacted control and the call was bumped up to the most serious level.

The hearing heard how there was a “complex” entry system where partygoers had to pass through five levels of security to get into the venue at Victoria Warehouse.

Mr Symes explained security included a ticket check, ID check, a drug dog, a profiling team and general search tables – as well as amnesty bins placed inside the venue to anonymously dispose of drugs.

The inquest continues.

Faye had fallen ill after suffering a fatal reaction
MEN Media
The teen passed away in May 2016
She had been at a rave at Victoria Warehouse
MEN Media

Link

(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply