To change the ice I offer you a recipe for seared melon granita is flavored with basil, a fruit indispensable during the summer in a salad, salsa, salad, ice will find its place on your table. A dessert of fresh juicy sweet perfect with these big heat. A recipe with 3 ingredients : melon, sugar, water and you have a ready dessert to close a meal.
This melon granita is faster to prepare than an ice house, but it will obviously have to wait a few hours before moving on to the tasting.
Melon granita with basil
I prepare often of the granita and watermelon and saw that I had purchased a good amount of melon I made a salsa to accompany grilled fish and a salad of melon and feta and change from the fruit salad I thought about the granita of melon and basil.
You can replace the fresh basil with the mint that is just as tasty, I use this melon granita and the sugar cooked. I start by creating a syrup, I add then the basil (or mint) and I leave it to infuse for a few minutes. After cooling the syrup I poured over the melon, cut into pieces while mixing in the blender until you get a smooth puree. It will suffice then pour into a shallow container, cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
For a granita flavored with hope it will be enough to choose a melon that has a sweet smell, or even check the tail (pécou), which starts to peel off it will mean that the fruit is ready to be tasted. If by bad luck your melon is not ripe enough the cover of the paper diary during a 3-days surrounding.
For our game recipe around an ingredient I hesitated between proposing a melon salad with feta cheese tomato and cucumber or granite melon and basil. The two recipes are a delight and we feasted on a dessert fast, easy, and refreshing.
With this recipe I participate in the monthly challenge Recipe around an ingredient that I’m the godmother, and, exceptionally, for the month of July and August we have decided Soulef and I extend the challenge to 45 days instead of 30 days in order to give time to the participant(s)to enjoy the holidays.
I decided that as a star ingredient choose the Melon that is always present on our table during the summer period but not that.. Watermelon as well as cantaloupe.
I would like to thank the participant(s)for their loyalty to the game as well as their wonderful recipes. The next godmother will be Soulef blog love of cooking with which I launched the game a few years ago now and who we will announce the next star ingredient.
Start by preparing the syrup so that it takes the time to tiedir.
Pour the sugar and water in a saucepan.
Put on fire and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
Add the basil, cover and remove from heat. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
Filter and set aside.
Cut the melon into quarters and then into small cubes.
Place in a blender and mix while adding the syrup little by little, you must obtain a smooth puree.
Pour the puree melon in a shallow container, cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until the granite starts to take, and about then each 30-minute scrape using a fork.
Serve in small cups by decorating a leaf of mint or basil.
Melon granita with basil
Recipe Type: Ice
Time to Prep:
- 1 melon (500 g approximately)
- a few leaves of basil (according to taste)
- Syrup :
- 185 ml of water
- 125 g of sugar
- Start by preparing the syrup so that it takes the time to tiedir.
- Pour the sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Put on fire and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the basil, cover and remove from heat. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Filter and set aside.
- Cut the melon into quarters and then into small cubes.
- Place in a blender and mix while adding the syrup little by little, you must obtain a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree melon in a shallow container, cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until the granite starts to take, and about then each 30-minute scrape using a fork.
- Serve in small cups by decorating a leaf of mint or basil.
List of participants :
- Delphine’s blog Oh the bitch with Watermelon Jam
- Samar the bog of My Inspirations Culinary with Granite Melon and basil
- Soulef blog Love cooking with verrine of tapioca in the cantaloupe and coconut milk
- Martine’s blog Kilometre 0 with polpettine of quinoa and beans, salad of raw veggies and melon
- Jackie of the blog Jackie’s Kitchen with Gazpacho of melon, whipped goat cheese and cream cheese
- Émeline of the blog done and the kitchen with Water, refreshing coconut watermelon
- Élodie’s blog Biscuits Passion with SKEWERS FRESHNESS FOR An APERITIF
- Salima’s blog, this is Salima, who cooks with hull melon tutti frutti and smoothie melon
- Amal’s blog The kitchen of Amal with ice cream melon
- Michèle’s blog Croquant fondant gourmand with Freshness of melon with crème de calisson
- Marion from the blog Cooking with the groundhog with Maki, quinoa and melon marinated.
- Calinhorely of the blog I’ve always love the yellow mustard with iced Cappuccino to watermelon
- Peggy’s blog, My dishes daily with fruit salad refreshing
- Chantal’s blog A grain of sand or salt with soup of melon iced shrimp
- Colinette blog Colinette56 with the pie melon
- Cecile’s blog The kitchen of Cecile with pasta Salad as a summer ham and melon
- Catalina’s blog The blog of Cata with duck and pan-seared watermelon with spices
- Michelle of the blog Pleasure of the house with pie melon and Porto
- Ponpon blog Miam ponpon with verrine with salmon and melon
- Cathytutu blog aaatable with Granita and watermelon
- Natly’s blog Kitchen voozenoo with white chocolate Ganache-mint -, ball melon and laminated in a jar
- Brigitte of the blog, The girls at the table with melon salad Italian
- Sylvie’s blog The table of Clara with cold soup of melon with basil
- Coco nice of the Kitchen madness blog with Tartare of tomatoes, melon, peppers, sweet pepper, Chavignol baked with rosemary and fresh thyme, chips, tomato
- Samia’s blog shades cooking with fine cream of watermelon
- Mauricette blog Momo cakes with entrée summer fresh Melon and feta
- Florence (Over Thyme) from the blog the thread of thyme with gazpacho melon & nectarine
- Ilhem ( the delights of Kenza ) of the blog The delights of Kenza with Agua Fresca de Melon
- Valerie’s blog 123degustez with salad herbs and flowers to the gambas
- Helen of the blog Keskonmangemaman with melon grilled with honey and spices
- Guy’s blog gyu59600 with pie melon/almond cream
- Christine of the blog nature Break with foams melon-coconut
Make a note of your email address if you wish not to miss any publication:
It is essential to validate the registration on your mail box.