Residents at a four-star hotel have been evacuated and 13 people have been treated by paramedics following reports of a gas leak at its swimming pool.
Firefighters rushed to the Ashford International Hotel in Kent shortly after 3.15pm on Sunday when a number of guests reported having breathing problems.
Guests were evacuated before fire crews made the building safe while paramedics and an ambulance hazard response team treated patients, according to Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) and South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAMB).
Firefighters rushed to the Ashford International Hotel in Kent shortly after 3.15pm on Sunday when a number of guests reported having breathing problems
A woman was taken to hospital for further precautionary checks and other 12 guests were discharged at the scene, a SECAMB spokesman said.
Fire crews, Public Health England and Ashford Borough Council are investigating the incident, a KFRS spokesman said.
Run by the QHotels Group, which boasts luxury venues around the country, the accommodation appeared to remain open on Sunday evening.
A hotel spokeswoman said it would not be commenting on the incident at this time.