GOT the post- summer blues? Now is the time to bag a last-minute break.
A survey by travel firm opodo.co.uk found you can save eight per cent by holidaying in September. So Sun Savers asked some travel industry insiders for their last-minute saving tips.
- CHRIS WEBBER, of travelzoo.com, says: “For last-minute flights, check out TUI flight-only deals. They get cheaper closer to departure, unlike most other airlines.”
- EMMA GRIMSTER, of travelsupermarket.com, says: “Costa Brava or Lloret de Mar in Spain, Sunny Beach in Bulgaria or Alanya in Turkey offer the best value for couples this September. Save 20 per cent on your travel money by ordering in advance instead of a last-minute airport purchase.”
- SOPHIA PARVIEZ, of expedia.co.uk, says: “Sunday is on average the cheapest day to book your flight and we recommend our Expedia Add- On Advantage option — book a flight, then book a hotel up until the day you depart and still save up to 41 per cent.”
- LISA MINOT, The Sun’s Travel Editor, says: “For a last-minute UK break, book with a cottage collective such as Premier Cottages and you won’t pay a booking fee or commission as you book direct with the owner.”
- RICHARD SINGER, of icelolly.com, says: “Be flexible with the duration. Package holidays abroad are usually seven, ten or 14 nights, but booking fewer nights doesn’t necessarily mean a lower price. Instead, search for a few different trip durations before you decide.”
- LISA CORRIGAN, a Sun Saver of Totland Bay, Isle of Wight, says: “I save shower gel and moisturiser freebies and samples from magazines, so I don’t have to buy any toiletries at the airport!”
Shop & save
KEEP cool with Soft & Gentle 0% Aluminium Roll-On from Tesco. Was £2.50, now £2.
PLAY some card games with this golden Waddingtons set from Lex Go. Get 20 per cent off when you use code: Sun20 on winningmoves.co.uk/WN1. Was £2.99, now £2.39.
My Sun Savers fiver
MARTIN MURRAY, of Catford, South East London, says: “I’m saving my fivers to take my wife away to mark our 40 years’ marriage next March.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
LOOK stylish in this Pretty Little Thing off-the-shoulder top, above, for £10, instead of this Altuzarra off-the-shoulder sweater, below, for £450.
Reader’s saving tip
ALAN MOULTON, from Flintshire, says: “When I buy a sliced loaf, I remove slices to use now, then put the rest in the freezer. I take out only what I need which means no waste.”
- Send us your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Deal of the day
GET 20 per cent off all denim, in store and online, at Peacocks. You can get this denim button skirt, was £18, for just £14.40.
Save a fiver
HAVE a cheeky tipple with Jawbox Single Estate Gin 70cl from Sainsburys. Was £30, now £25.
- ALL prices on this page correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Win £27k uni fees
F you’ve not started collecting for our Win Your Uni Fees competition, it is now too late to join in. But if you have, today’s code is on Page 20.
Remember, you need TEN Sun Savers codes – printed daily until Tuesday, September 11. After entering your codes, go to the competition in Sun Savers and click “Enter” before midnight on Monday, September 24.
Here’s your chance to Win Your Uni Fees with our latest Sun Savers competition[/caption]
- T&Cs apply. See sunsavers.co.uk.
Win two FREE tickets to SEA LIFE worth up to £52 with Sun Superdays
TAKE the plunge with FREE tickets to SEA LIFE worth up to £52 with Sun Superdays. Choose from TEN amazing aquariums teeming with life.
Come face to beak with the world’s smallest, fluffiest, cutest penguins at SEA LIFE Weymouth’s new, interactive Fairy Penguin walk-through adventure. Native to Australia, this colony winged their way to England and Weymouth is the only place in Europe to see their adorable breed.
To get your tickets, go to “Offers” in the Sun Savers app, or sunsavers.co.uk, and opt in to the Superdays promotion. Next, collect NINE of the 18 Sun Savers codes printed daily till September 18. Today’s is on page 20. Enter your nine codes on Sun Savers and click “Redeem”. You will get an email with a unique booking code and steps on how to book your date at your chosen SEA LIFE aquarium.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? See page 20. You can still collect ten of the 18 printed tokens and use the online booking form, but only Sun Savers get early booking. Token 5 is here.
- T&Cs: Subject to availability. Code Collect. 18+ T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 20. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
most read in money
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.