You want to lose weight and do not really know how to do it? To lose weight permanently, it is better to make some dietary adjustments and some exercises rather than starve unnecessarily.
You can successfully lose a few kilos to two conditions: change your eating habits and increase your physical activity . If you do not practice any physical exercise today, it is not mandatory to do sports , but a daily walk or a bit of swimming each week can already do a lot.
Warning ! If you need to lose five kilos or more, go see a doctor or a dietician because you need regular monitoring.
The basic rules for losing weight
To change your diet, you have moderately reduce calorie intake , ie first the fats and sugars. Always observe good food practices ( see “Guide to good eating practices” ) by adding a few simple rules.
- Do not skip meals, especially breakfast which must remain ample. Take a light evening meal;
- Do not eat between meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a large glass of water , coffee or tea without sugar. Drinking also before the meal and during the meal;
- Continue to eat starchy foods at every meal: pasta, rice, potatoes or bread . They provide a sense of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. However all that accompanies them is limited to: fatty sauces, butter, cheese, cream, etc. We must therefore consume these starchy alone or with a seasoning without sugar or fat free;
- Remove sugary soft drinks;
- Delete spirits and beer . You can continue to drink wine , preferably red, limiting yourself to one drink a day;
- Avoid eating away from home because it is more difficult to control your diet. At the restaurant it is sometimes possible, with friends it’s harder … If you do a good meal with others, we must then try to reduce the quantities and especially never serve you up a dish;
- Choose meat lean and favor poultry without skin, fish and shellfish;
- Watch out for hidden fats: avoid all meat in sauce, fatty meats, rich gratins in milk, butter or cream, cheese and eggs, fried foods, cakes and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, cakes aperitifs;
- Eat vegetables at will and in all forms: raw, cooked in soup;
- Eat two fruit per day, but no more;
Choose well the cooking method of food :
- Meat: grilled or roasted;
- Fish: Grilled, baked or microwaved, or in foil;
- Vegetables: steamed, braised or in the microwave
- Dial seasonings and sauces less fat as possible: put a little oil, butter or cream, then use lemon, yogurt, stock cube and soy sauce, then season to taste with herbs and spices.
How to lose weight permanently?
To lose weight you have to press a few solid principles:
- Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2-3 kilos;
- Prevent cravings and fatigue;
- While standing regulations established at the outset;
- Avoid deficiencies in vitamins and minerals ;
- Do not use medication or special food regime ;
- Keep maximum pleasure to eat.
To slim down, determining first!
While respecting these nutritional rules, to lose weight it’s good to know choose the least energy foods. It is therefore useful to know roughly the nutritional value of some common foods (see ” discover the nutritional value of food “).
You still have to be determined and not give in to the temptations . The first week is often difficult but lost the first kilo is encouraging! However small differences are allowed provided that they are exceptional. You have to find a balance without falling into food obsession and frustration. Otherwise, you may crack and put you to snack impulsively, and then feel guilty and put to rob you, and so fall into a totally unproductive cycle compared to your goal of weight loss!