JOSH WARRINGTON returns to action tonight as the former IBF world featherweight champion goes up against Mauricio Lara.
The Leeds-born star has been out of the ring since October 2019, when he saw off French challenger Sofiane Takoucht.
Josh Warrington betting offer: Get price boost on Warrington to 6/1
Warrington is eyeing up big title fights later in 2021[/caption]
He vacated his IBF world crown in January and was originally slated to face WBA champion Can Xu, but that bout fell through.
Lara is just 22-years-old and the Mexican is talented, coming in with a pro record of 21-2.
The Leeds Warrior vacated his IBF belt back in January[/caption]
When is Warrington vs Lara?
- The featherweight clash over 12 rounds will be held on Saturday, February 13.
- It will take place at Wembley Arena, although sadly no fans can be in attendance.
- Expect the main event around 10pm, with the undercard starting at 7pm.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
You can catch every upper-cut, jab and hook live on Sky Sports throughout the evening.
Coverage on Sky Sports Action will begin at 7pm, with Sky Sports Main Event joining from 8.30pm.
If you want to stream, Sky customers can download the Sky Go app on their mobile, tablet, PC or games console.
Non-subscribers can get a NOW TV pass from £9.99.
Most read in Boxing
- Josh Warrington vs Mauricio Lara (featherweight)
- Leigh Woods vs Reece Mould (British featherweight title)
- Zelfa Barrett vs Kiko Martinez (IBF inter-continental super-featherweight title)
- Dalton Smith vs Ishmael Ellis (super lightweight)
- Ivan Price vs Zahis Hussain (featherweight)
- Ibhrahim Nadim vs Jonny Phillips (featherweight)
What they said
Warrington: “It’s disappointing we couldn’t have the IBF title on the line, but I can’t let those decisions stand in the way of me going down in British boxing history by facing the very best in the division.
“I’ve always dreamt about winning the Ring belt, for me it leaves no doubt who the king of the division is.
“Right now, my mind and focus is on Lara for February 13 and then I’m looking to pick up that beautiful red and blue belt.”
Lara: “I will win the fight with my effort.
“It is my second international fight, in the first I went to Argentina to win by knocking out in eight rounds.
“He is the champion, that’s something that he is, I take nothing away from him. He does not scare me or anything. We have worked hard.
“I am in my best moment both personally and on a sporting level. I have noticed that I am growing in my career. I’ve had tough opponents”.
- Warrington to win – 1/25
- Draw – 25/1
- Lara shock victory – 9/1
*All odds from Ladbrokes and correct at time of publication.