Kevin Spacey will be arraigned on a charge of felony sexual assault next month.
Michael O’Keefe, the the Cape and Islands district attorney in Massachusetts, said on Monday afternoon that Spacey will appear January 7 at Nantucket District Court.
The charge stems from an incident that occured on the island back in 2016.
The victim’s mother, Heather Unruh, said last year that Spacey repeatedly stuck his hand down the pants of her 18-year-old son. The boy was eventually able to get away when a woman walked over to him while the actor was in the bathroom and said: ‘Run!’
At the time, Spacey was trying to convince the boy to join him at a party said Unruh, who now hopes to find the mystery woman who she believes saved her son from a far worse fate.
When the boy eventually got to his grandmother’s home, he told his younger sister what had happened and then called his mother.
At the same time, Spacey released a bizarre video on Monday suggesting that he was preparing to make a comeback.
Judgment say: Kevin Spacey (above in June 2017) will be charged with felony sexual assault after he allegedly molested a teenager at a Nantucket bar in the summer of 2016
Opening up: The boy’s mother, Heather Unruh (above), has spoken publicly about the incident multiple times in the past, saying Spacey fondled her son’s genitals
In the video, entitled Let Me Be Frank, Spacey acknowledges the charges which have been made against him and suggests he will overcome them and revive his career.
He then makes a number of cryptic statements, at one point stating: ‘If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not gonna pay the price for the things I didn’t do.’
Spacey then closes out the video by stating: ‘I feel surprisingly good and my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth.
‘Wait a minute, now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?’
That last comment seems to be a reference to Frank Underwood, the character he played on House of Cards.
The lawyer for the victim gave a brief statement on Monday, saying: ‘The complainant has shown a tremendous amount of courage in coming forward. Let the facts be presented, the relevant law applied and a just and fair verdict rendered.’
The family has yet to speak out, but at a press conference last year Unruh declared: ‘I want to see Kevin Spacey go to jail. I want to see Kevin Spacey see the hand of justice come down on him — not just for my son, but every victim who speaks the truth.’
DailyMail.com uncovered two photos of Spacey from that week in Nantucket back in 2016, including one taken with a co-worker of the victim at The Club Car, where the alleged assault took place.
KEVIN SPACEY SAYS HE WILL MAKE COMEBACK AFTER SEX CHARGES
I know what you want. Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us but what we have is too strong, is too powerful. I mean, after all, we shared everything you and I. I told you my deepest darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty. But mostly I challenged you and made you think and you trusted me even though you knew you shouldn’t.
So we’re not done no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want you want. Him back of course. Some believed everything and I’ve just been waiting with bated breath for him he confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t it be easy if it was all so simple.
Only you and I both know it’s never that simple. Not in politics and not in life, but you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you. You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts , would you?
Did you? No, not you, you’re smarter than that. Anyway, all this presumption made for such an unsatisfying ending, and to think it could have been such a memorable send-off. I mean, if you and I’ve learned nothing else these past years it’s that in life and art, nothing should be off the table.
We weren’t afraid. Not of what we said, not of what we did, and we’re still not afraid. Because I can promise you this: If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not gonna pay the price for the things I didn’t do.
Well, of course they’re gonna say I’m being disrespectful not playing by the rules, like I ever played by anyone’s rules. But I never did and you loved it anyhow. despite all he animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial despite everything despite even my own death. I feel surprisingly good and my confidence grows each day that soon enough you will know the full truth.
Wait a minute, now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?
The other shows the Oscar winner, 59, with his constant companion, manager and former pop star Evan Lowenstein.
Reps for Spacey have not responded to multiple requests for comment about this incident over the past year.
Spacey immediately faced some swift repercussions when these allegations first broke last year.
He was cut from Ridley Scott’s finished film ‘All the Money in the World’ and replaced by Christopher Plummer, just six weeks before it hit theaters.
It was also revealed around that time that Spacey was the focus of a 2012 investigation on the set of House of Cards.
Media Rights Capital revealed that during the filming of the show’s first season there was a complaint made about ‘a specific remark and gesture’ made by Spacey.
The studio said that they launched an investigation into the incident soon after the unidentified worker complained, and were ‘confident the issue was resolved promptly to the satisfaction of all involved’ after Spacey went through a ‘training process.’
What the studio did not do however is tell higher-ups like the creator of the Emmy-winning series.
‘Mr. Spacey willingly participated in a training process and since that time MRC has not been made aware of any other complaints involving Mr. Spacey,’ said the studio.
That remark came off a bit odd seeing as it was issued in response to a story that detailed the sexual harassment or assault that eight crew members claimed to have suffered at the hands of Spacey on the ‘House of Cards’ set.
Things then took another bizarre turn when the show’s creator Beau Willimon said that he was hearing about this complaint for the first time on Thursday.
It is unclear why producers made the decision not to tell the man who put the show together about the incident.
Spacey is an executive producer on the series, as is his co-star Robin Wright.
‘We are deeply troubled to learn about these new allegations that are being made to the press concerning Kevin Spacey’s interaction with members of the crew of House of Cards,’ said MRC in their statement.
‘As the producer of the show, creating and maintaining a safe working environment for our cast and crew has always been our top priority. We have consistently reinforced the importance of employees reporting any incident without fear of retaliation and we have investigated and taken appropriate actions following any complaints.’
Then came the news of the incident five years ago of the set of the show.
‘For example, during our first year of production in 2012, someone on the crew shared a complaint about a specific remark and gesture made by Kevin Spacey,’ read the statement.
‘Immediate action was taken following our review of the situation and we are confident the issue was resolved promptly to the satisfaction of all involved.’