A popular celeb Costa del Sol beach club where Eva Longoria and Pamela Anderson have partied, has gone up in flames.
Firefighters were called to Playa Padre in the upmarket resort of Marbella, owned by a friend of Desperate Housewives star Eva, around 7pm on Monday.
They managed to bring the blaze under control but initial reports were that the fashionable venue, which boasts a beachfront open-air restaurant and is well-known for its summer parties, was completely gutted.
Texas-born Eva Longoria was wrongly named as one of the owners of Playa Padre when it opened in 2017.
Footage taken from nearby shows a huge plume of dark smoke rising from the site of the club
A firefighter attempts to quell the flames during the inferno on Monday night
Spanish pal Maria Bravo went public to insist the actress, pictured lapping up the sun with her husband Jose Antonio Baston in July 2017 during a visit to Marbella, had no financial interest in the beach club.
She showed off her figure in a tangerine high-cut swimsuit with a white shirt tied around her waist.
Weeks earlier Pamela Anderson was pictured at the opening of the popular summer spot.
She turned heads in a gown with see-through panels around her chest.
Former Made in Chelsea babe Ashley James was also at the opening, showing off her exuberant figure in an extremely low-cut black mini dress.
Other angles show flames engulfing a large area on the beach in Marbella as the venue burnt to the ground
Pamela Anderson attending the star-studded Playa Padre opening event back in May 2017
There were no reports of any injuries in the blaze at the beach club, which was closed at the time.
An investigation has been launched into why the fire started.
Footage from the scene showed flames devastating the venue’s wooden frontage and huge plumes of black smoke rising into the air.
British expats were among those who took to social media to comment.
One said of the fire at the beach club, on a stretch of sand known as Playa del Cable to the east of Marbella town centre: ‘It was a great place to listen to music. What a terrible shame.’
Made in Chelsea’s Ashley James (left) at the venue. Right: Eva Longoria attending an event at the club
Several fire engines were in attendance as emergency services attempted to salvage the burning venue
Firefighters deploying hoses as they rush to the scene of the enormous blaze on Monday night