Meghan Markle and Prince Harry launch new Archewell logo with the word ‘service’ after cruel jibe at Queen

PRINCE Harry and Meghan have unveiled a new logo which includes the word SERVICE in the wake of their cruel dig at the Queen.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have also reportedly dropped a photo of Princess Di and their ‘Letter for 2021’ from the home page of their website.

👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

Spotify

Harry and Meghan have unveiled a new Archewell logo[/caption]

Archewell.com

It has been tweaked to include the word service[/caption]

The couple’s Archewell logo was tweaked to include the words ‘Service. Compassion. Action. Community’, reports the Daily Mail.

The move comes after Her Majesty said they could not continue with “responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service”.

The pair then hit back by saying: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

They had wanted to keep representing their military, Commonwealth and other royal patronages – while making millions from private deals.

But the Queen – advised by senior courtiers and after talks with Princes William and Charles – stood firm.

At the time the pair – who will still keep their royal titles – were accused of sticking two fingers up to the Monarch with their statement.

Senior royals were said to be furious after the couple’s swipe at Her Majesty and the Royal Family.

Getty Images – Getty

he move comes after Her Majesty said they could not continue with ‘responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.’[/caption]

Getty

A photo of Princess Di with a young Harry has also been moved[/caption]

Now the couple’s prominent use of the word ‘Service’ is likely to ruffle even more feathers at Buckingham Palace.

Their updated Archewell website outlined their aims for their non-profit work in a new mission statement.

It read: “Welcome to Archewell. Through our non-profit work, as well as creative activations, we drive systemic cultural change across all communities, one act of compassion at a time.”

Their website’s previous home page displayed images of Harry and Meghan as children with their mothers.

They have been replaced with a picture of Harry and Meghan at a charity event in LA last year.

A lengthy message, entitled ‘A Letter for 2021’, was also removed from the home page.

The Sussexes’ decision to quit royal life indefinitely came a month before the March 31 deadline for a review of their new post-Megxit life.

Meghan was not involved in the talks with the Queen who spoke only to Harry directly via video call.

Harry also held “amicable” talks with other senior royals, including brother William and dad Charles, as early as January.

Harry told Her Majesty he and Meghan wanted to keep their military and royal patronages.

But the Queen and her courtiers became increasingly alarmed at their lack of control over the couple and ruled it impossible for them to continue with royal duties from the US.

The Sussexes were told they could not be “half in and half out.”

Within days of being told of the Queen’s decision, Harry and Meghan announced they would be doing a bombshell interview with US chat show host Oprah Winfrey.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is JB-QUEENS-STATEMENT.jpg

In a rare statement The Queen confirmed their eight military roles and patronages were being revoked and redistributed to “working members of the Royal Family”’.

It said: ‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.

“Following conversations with the Duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

It added that “the Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family”.

Three minutes later a statement from Harry and Meghan was released.

It said: “As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.

“We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

The couple — who are expecting their second child — can keep their HRH titles but are banned from using them in their new roles.

Link

(Visited 48 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply