The model who accuses footballer Neymar of raping her is seen fighting the Brazilian star in a hotel room the day after the alleged attack in explosive new footage.
Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza, who came forward as Neymar’s accuser on Wednesday, can be seen laying down on a bed with the Brazilian footballer before lashing out at him.
‘I’m going to hit you. Do you know why I’m going to hit you? Do you know why? Do you know why? Because you assaulted me yesterday. You left me here alone,’ she says.
Neymar can then be seen kicking out in an attempt to ward her off before trying to restrain her.
The footage emerged after Trindade gave an interview to Brazilian TV in which she said she was the victim of ‘aggression and rape’ by the footballer.
She said the encounter started out as consensual but soon turned violent, with Neymar refusing to stop even after she told him to.
Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza has come forward as Neymar’s rape accuser. A video has emerged showing her confronting the Brazilian football star about the alleged assault in their hotel before they start fighting (left and right)
Trindade is shown slapping Neymar before he kicks out at her (pictured) in an attempt to ward her off, then tries to restrain her
Danilo Garcia de Andrade, Trindade’s lawyer, told Brazilian station Globo1 that the minute-long hotel clip is part of a much-longer seven-minute video that she recorded in an attempt to get evidence of Neymar’s ‘aggression’.
Andrade said: ‘What she’s told me is that she needed proof of that assault, that the slap was what Neymar had done to her previously and that she got him into the room again and filmed the scene.’
Trindade can be heard saying in the video: ‘I’m going to hit you… Because you assaulted me yesterday. You left me here alone’
Neymar has admitted meeting with Trindade but vociferously denies rape, saying the entire encounter was consensual, calling it ‘a set-up’.
The athlete’s father has confirmed the authenticity of the video, but claims it shows his son was tricked by Trindade.
He told Brazilian station Record TV: ‘I don’t think I have to defend my son at all. The images speak for themselves and it’s clear this is a video that is forced.
‘The video is only going to show that Neymar was assaulted. She provokes an aggression so that he responds, but he realises that everything that was happening was a set-up.’
He added: ‘When my son enters the room, everything is already been filmed. It would be good for the investigation and for us that the whole video emerges.
‘That’s what the police are trying to do, find all the images that she has.’
Trindade’s former lawyers have rejected any suggestion the she is trying to extort the football player.
Trindade told Brazilian TV that she was the victim of ‘aggression and rape’ by Neymar, that he beat her during their encounter, and refused to stop even though she told him to
Trindade said she initially wanted to have sex with Neymar but the encounter turned violent and he refused to stop after she said ‘no’. Neymar says the entire encounter was consensual
Police in Neymar’s home country of Brazil have launched a rape investigation after Trindade filed charges there earlier this month.
Trindade, who says she works as a model, acknowledged that she initially liked Neymar – full name Neymar da Silva Santos Junior – and wanted to have sex with him.
The football megastar paid for a plane ticket to bring her from Brazil and put her up in a Paris hotel, she says.
Things changed dramatically at their first encounter, Trindade said. ‘He was aggressive, totally different than the boy that I got to know on the messages.
‘Since I really wanted to be with him I said, OK, I’m going to try to handle this,’ she said.
After some kissing and caressing ‘he started to hit me … then he began to hurt me a lot, and I asked him to stop because it hurt.’
According to Trindade, Neymar apologized, but then continued hurting her while they had sex.
Neymar, who is the world’s most expensive player, has denied claims he raped a woman in a Paris hotel last month. He took to Instagram (pictured) to claim the incident was ‘a set-up’
Separately, the G1 news website reported that police have a video that Trindade recorded of an alleged second encounter between the two. The contents were not made public.
The athlete’s mother Nadine Goncalves posted an emotional message on Instagram on Tuesday urging her son to ‘forgive that girl’ and ‘return to Jesus’.
Neymar, who insists on his innocence, published a video stating that he was the victim of entrapment.
In the same video he also posted intimate WhatsApp messages he said he had received from his accuser and photographs of her topless in a bed.
One of the most colorful phrases of the exchange was ‘Good morning, object of my libido’ – which has quickly become an online catchphrase across Brazil.
However, the move only seemed to deepen Neymar’s woes as the police launched an investigation into the publication of intimate information without the woman’s permission. Such an offense carries a maximum five-year jail term.
The interview with Najila was broadcast just an hour before Neymar was due to take to the field
The incident is alleged to have occurred on May 15 at the Sofitel Paris Arc Du Triomphe (pictured) after Trindade says Neymar paid to fly her there
Trindade spoke out just an hour before Neymar took to the pitch for a friendly against Qatar. He injured his ankle after 20 minutes, and has been ruled out of this year’s Copa America
Neymar, who was transferred to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona for a world-record 222 million euros ($248.5 million) in 2017, wrote on Instagram that the evening’s game would be the most difficult of his career ‘due to the circumstances.’
In the end he only lasted 20 minutes in the game, and limped off the field aided by two members of the team’s support staff with an ice pack wrapped around his ankle.
He has since been ruled out of the Copa America competition this summer, which is being hosted by Brazil, due to his injury.
The story has dominated in Brazil over the weekend, amid speculation that it would affect Neymar’s performance in the tournament – South America’s continental championship, which Brazil last won in 2007.
Brazil’s national coach Tite said he had no plans to drop the striker, but injury now seems to have forced his hand.
When asked how the striker was feeling, Tite – visibly moved – said: ‘I just want the situation to resolve itself, I’m not taking sides. I want it to be resolved by hard work’
The allegations cap a troubled season for the player, on and off the field. It has been marred by a recurring injury, two separate suspensions for insulting a referee and hitting a fan, and the loss of Brazil’s captaincy in the Copa.