Nashville bombing: Suspect Anthony Warner’s girlfriend warned cops last YEAR that he was making a bomb in his RV

THE NASHVILLE bomber’s girlfriend had warned police last year that her boyfriend had been making bombs – but nothing was done to stop him.

Anthony Warner’s girlfriend had told Nashville police that he “was making bombs in the RV trailer at his residence” on August 21, 2019, but little was done in the year that passed since her tip.

Rex Features

Warner’s girlfriend told police about Warner’s bombmaking in 2019[/caption]

The Nashville police then pushed the tip to the FBI and the ATF, but when authorities arrived at Warren’s door to search the premises, no one was home.

When they returned for a second time and were denied entry to search the property, the tip went unnoticed.

Warner was able to make bombs throughout the summer and into 2020, when his Christmas Day bomb injured three people and took out a huge chunk of downtown Nashville.

The Tennessean reviewed records showing a lawyer for Warner’s ex-girlfriend, Raymond Throckmorton, called police to say Warner’s unnamed girlfriend was concerned about comments he had made.

She also said she didn’t want two guns that belonged to Warner in the home.

According to the records, Throckmorton told police that his client said Warner “frequently talks about the military and bomb-making.”

He also “knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb.”

When police went to doorknock on Warren’s property, they saw the RV sitting on his driving, but it was fenced off and so they were unable to inspect it further.

Metropolitan Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said police “saw no evidence of a crime and had no authority to enter his home or fenced property.”

However, when the Nashville Police Department forwarded the tip to respective federal agencies, Aaron said “the FBI reported back that they checked their holdings and found no records on Warner at all.”

The U.S. Department of Defense also said its “checks on Warner were all negative,” on August 28, 2019.

A spokesperson for the department said “At no time was there any evidence of a crime detected and no additional action was taken.”

“No additional information about Warner came to the department’s or the FBI’s attention after August 2019,” the statement ended.

On early Christmas morning, Warner, 63, parked his RV on a downtown Nashville block and began playing a countdown warning people to evacuate the area at around 6:30 AM.

His RV bomb, located outside of an AT&T facility, damaged 41 buildings and disrupted communication systems throughout the Southeast.

More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS.

Link

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply