NICOLA Roberts has opened up about her stalker ex nightmare – revealing it’s caused her to become “too scared” to take her beloved dogs for a walk.
The Girls Aloud star, 32, has hit out at the CPS after the prosecution of her obsessed ex-boyfriend, former soldier Carl Davies, was dropped.
Carl was slapped with a lifetime restraining order last year and is banned from looking at the singer’s social media posts.
Nicola says the CPS had later admitted their decision was wrong, and claims prosecutors had thought the case was “trivial” because the harassment was taking place online.
She also says Carl has ignored the social media ban, and has started following her again on Instagram.
She told The Sunday Times: “You are too scared to take the dogs out for a walk because when someone plants vicious seeds you just imagine every possible outcome.
Most read in TV & Showbiz
“This is a relationship which ended 10 years ago.
“I should be able to move on from an unhealthy relationship if I want to and that has not been able to happen for me.”
Nicola says the CPS apologised for not pursuing a trial after they offered no evidence at a court hearing March.
They said they “had ‘concluded that the decision to offer no evidence in this case was wrong” and were “satisfied there was a realistic prospect of convicting Carl Davies for breaching the restraining order”.
Davis had previously been given a lifetime restraining order after threatening to stab and burn the star.
He was convicted of sending 3,000 messages from 35 fake social media accounts but was hauled back before a judge in March this year for breaching the order in July and August.
The more disturbing messages contained knife and fire emojis, but Davies also declared his love and sent bouquets of flowers to Nicola’s manager’s office.
Davies, who dated the singer for 18 months when she found fame in Girls Aloud, was banned from tracking Nicola online at Guildford Crown Court.
The prosecution told the court it would be offering no evidence but asked for the order to be extended to include viewing the singer’s social media posts and websites.
Granting their wish, Judge Jonathan Black told Davies: “You are prohibited from accessing any social media website or blog owned by Miss Roberts or Girls Aloud or any other band in the future she may become involved with.”
The ban includes him looking at her sites such as on YouTube, Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Kik.
Judge Black added: “You may recall when I made the order that any breach to the order could see you being sent to prison to up to five years.
“You have seen what happened after you undertook the activities that you undertook, which has led to the hearing today. You need to be careful in the way you use the internet to access other sites.”
At a hearing at Guildford Crown Court last year, the singer said Davies’ messages had brought back bad memories of their relationship.
She said in a victim impact statement: “The messages he sent reminded me of all the terrible things that happened when we were together.
“It was only really last year when he started threatening my friend that I realised things couldn’t go on and I reported it to the police.”
Speaking about her life since Davies was detained in February, her statement continued: “I feel safe in my own home knowing he can’t get to me.
“I am worried for when Carl gets out and when he access again to a mobile phone.”
Got a story? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.