NOW 100 was released on Friday July 20, 2018, over three decades after its first edition hit stores.
The hugely-successful music series have always included the biggest and best artists of the year but when did the series begin and who made the tracklist on this album?
When was Now 100 released?
Now That’s What I Call Music! 100 is out NOW – released on Friday July 30.
It costs £12.99 and the two-disc album is also available on Apple Music and Spotify.
The album’s coveted number one track is taken by Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa’s smash-hit single One Kiss.
To celebrate the milestone, the album also comes with a classics disc which includes some of the artists that have featured most throughout the compilation series.
What is the tracklist?
CD 1 – Hits
01. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa – One Kiss
02. George Ezra – Shotgun
03. Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato – Solo
04. Ariana Grande – no tears left to cry
05. Anne-Marie – 2002
06. Jess Glynne – I’ll Be There
07. Years & Years – If You’re Over Me
08. David Guetta & Sia – Flames
09. Post Malone – Better Now
10. Jonas Blue feat. Jack & Jack – Rise
11. Liam Payne & J. Balvin – Familiar
12. Banx & Ranx & Ella Eyre feat. Yxng Bane – Answerphone
13. M.O, Lotto Boyzz & Mr Eazi – Bad Vibe
14. Tiësto & Dzeko feat. Preme & Post Malone – Jackie Chan
15. M-22 feat. Medina – First Time
16. 5 Seconds of Summer – Youngblood
17. Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be
18. Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle
19. Khalid & Normani – Love Lies
20. Jax Jones & Mabel feat. Rich The Kid – Ring Ring
21. Cheat Codes x Little Mix – Only You
22. Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
23. MU4 – You Can’t Hurry Love
CD2 – Classics
01. UB40 – Red Red Wine
02. Phil Collins – Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
03. Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer
04. Wet Wet Wet – Love Is All Around
05. Spice Girls – Wannabe
06. Oasis – Wonderwall
07. Robbie Williams – Angels
08. Cher – Believe
09. Britney Spears – …Baby One More Time
10. S Club 7 – Reach
11. Destiny’s Child – Survivor
12. Kylie Minogue – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
13. Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River
14. James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
15. Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean – Hips Don’t Lie
16. Take That – Rule The World
17. Coldplay – Viva La Vida
18. Katy Perry – I Kissed A Girl
19. Ed Sheeran – Sing
20. Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
21. Justin Bieber – Love Yourself
When did the Now That’s What I Call Music series begin?
The very first Now That’s What I Call Music CD was released November 28, 1983.
The name of the series was chosen by Virgin boss Richard Branson who noticed a poster in a bric-a-brac shop that depicted a singing chicken and a pig exclaiming ‘Now that’s what I call music!’.
The album’s now coveted Track 1 was filled by Phil Collins and his cover version of the Supremes’ You Can’t Hurry Love.
98 albums of the series have so far reached number one in the charts and spent a cumulative 654 weeks at the top of the charts.
most read in TV & Showbiz
Which artists have featured on the most amount of Now CDs?
New X-Factor judge Robbie Williams has the credit for featuring on 30 editions of the popular series, starting with Old Before I Die on 1997’s Now 37.
Girls Aloud have the record for gaining the highest number of consecutive appearances, contributing a song to every album from Now! 54 to 66.
In total, it would reportedly take over 250 hours to listen to all 100 of the Now albums in full.