Britons struggled to cope with near-record breaking temperatures today as they moaned the stifling conditions had disgusting consequences.
Commuters stripped off, eggs cooked on car dashboards and candles completely melted as the UK sweltered in more than 100F (37.7C) heat.
One unfortunate sunbather was bitten by mosquitoes, but was unable to treat his wound when it started melting before his eyes.
Rubbish was seen strewn on beaches while train passengers complained about seeing men with their shirts off catching up on their emails on the way to work.
A hospital in Nottingham put a batch of cookies inside one employee’s car – and they were ready to eat at the end of the day.
Here MailOnline looks at some of the things the UK has found the most repulsive about this week’s heatwave.
This egg was almost fully fried after a woman in Essex put it in a frying pan on her dashboard and left it there for half an hour today
This person put anthisan cream on their mosquito bite only for it to melt in the heat
A shirtless man struts through Regent Street in central London as the mercury soared this afternoon
Staff at a hospital in Nottingham decided to make the most of the blistering conditions by putting a batch of cookies on the dashboard of a car to cook in the heat
This man appeared not to have a care in the world as he jumped on the Victoria Line drinking a mug of tea in the heat this morning
A shirtless passenger on a rush-hour Victoria line train on the sweltering London Underground this morning
A man rides shirtless on an air-conditioned Great Northern train from London King’s Cross to Ely in Cambridgeshire today
The cookies baked on the dashboard of a member of Nottingham Hospital’s car were eaten up by their colleagues