Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘touted behind-the-scenes videos for new Netflix documentary’ 

Harry and Meghan could create a Netflix documentary with sensational home footage recorded during their departure from the Royal Family, it was claimed last night.

The couple are believed to have told bosses at the US streaming giant about the trove of homemade material before they signed a deal earlier this month said to be worth 100million dollars (£77.9million), insiders said.

Their representatives are thought to have pitched the footage, including personal videos recorded as they stepped back from royal life, during negotiations with Netflix.

The claim was made after the couple denied reports that they had agreed to make a fly-on-the-wall reality series for Netflix.

There are suggestions the pair realised that if they wanted to make their own ‘worthy’ documentaries and still receive a big price-tag from Netflix, then they needed another project which could offer more commercial value.

Harry and Meghan (picutred) could create a Netflix documentary with sensational home footage recorded during their departure from the Royal Family, it was claimed last night

Harry and Meghan (picutred) could create a Netflix documentary with sensational home footage recorded during their departure from the Royal Family, it was claimed last night

Harry and Meghan (picutred) could create a Netflix documentary with sensational home footage recorded during their departure from the Royal Family, it was claimed last night

Sussexes’ US election intervention ‘violated’ terms of ‘Megxit’ deal with the Queen, say senior aides 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s US election intervention ‘violated’ the terms of the ‘Megxit’ deal the couple have the Queen, according to senior royal aides.

Their comments could further risk their links to the monarchy, with sources claiming that senior courtiers are discussing how to further distance London royals from the couple.

In their message, Harry and Meghan called on American voters to ‘reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity’ in ‘the most important election of our life.’

Their comments, which came in a Time 100 video to go with the publication of this year’s list of the most influential people, have been widely interpreted to be a swipe at U.S. president Donald Trump. The list does not include the royal couple.

Members of the royal family are supposed to be politically neutral, and under the Sandringham accord – agreed in March when the pair quit their royal duties – the Sussexes vowed that ‘everything they do will uphold the values of Her Majesty’.

However, according to The Sunday Times, royal aides have said that the couple’s comments last week have broken their promise from earlier this year.

‘The [royal] family are all wringing their hands, thinking: where is this going and does this abide by the deal to uphold the values of the Queen? The feeling is it’s a violation of the agreement,’ one source told the newspaper. 

Advertisement

But home video footage of their fractious departure from the royal fold could prove to be explosive if the pair bare their souls about their disillusionment with life in the monarchy.

There is also speculation that the footage could cover the introduction of their son Archie into the family.

Insiders said any material of this kind would provide a unique insight into their lives and would probably do very well with audiences.

It is not clear if any programme of this kind would be presented by the pair or topped up with interviews with them.

Harry, 36 and Meghan, 39, are already known to be developing an ‘innovative nature docu-series’ and an animated series about ‘inspiring women’ through their deal with Netflix.

They have also been linked with potential shows about the environment and poverty.

Yesterday Harry and Meghan denied reports that they were going to make their own fly-on-the-wall reality series for the streaming company.

While a spokesman for the Sussexes denied they were taking part in a ‘reality show’, the suggestion they could personally feature in a documentary series made by their new production company had not been ruled out.

It came after The Sun reported that they were going to use film from their first year in America for the documentary.

It added they would be followed for three months.

According to a source Netflix wanted ‘their pound of flesh’ as part of the deal. They added the programme would be ‘very tasteful’ and would show people all the charity work the couple do.

Royal sources had expressed ‘genuine concern’ if claims about the ‘fly-on-the-wall’ nature of the programme were true. Harry had given his grandmother, the Queen, reassurances earlier this year that the work he and Meghan planned to undertake would not embarrass the family or nakedly trade on his royal links.

There has been speculation about whether the pair’s lucrative deal with the US media company would see them appearing in front of the camera.

Harry and Meghan have set up their own production company and have begun hiring staff.

Yesterday Harry and Meghan (pictured with William and Kate last year) denied reports that they were going to make their own fly-on-the-wall reality series for the streaming company

Yesterday Harry and Meghan (pictured with William and Kate last year) denied reports that they were going to make their own fly-on-the-wall reality series for the streaming company

Yesterday Harry and Meghan (pictured with William and Kate last year) denied reports that they were going to make their own fly-on-the-wall reality series for the streaming company

While a spokesman for the Sussexes (pictured here with son Archie) denied they were taking part in a ‘reality show’, the suggestion they could personally feature in a documentary series made by their new production company had not been ruled out

While a spokesman for the Sussexes (pictured here with son Archie) denied they were taking part in a ‘reality show’, the suggestion they could personally feature in a documentary series made by their new production company had not been ruled out

While a spokesman for the Sussexes (pictured here with son Archie) denied they were taking part in a ‘reality show’, the suggestion they could personally feature in a documentary series made by their new production company had not been ruled out

This comes about six months after they quit Britain and stepped down as working royals with the intention of becoming financially independent.

They reportedly spent $15 million (£11.7 million) on a mansion in the celebrity area of Santa Barbara in California in June, with a 10 million dollar (£7.8 million) mortgage.

At the time of the Netflix announcement Harry and Meghan had said: ‘Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.’

A Netflix spokesman said: ‘The couple already have several projects in development, including an innovative nature docu-series and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women but we are not disclosing any of the programming slate at this time.’

Buckingham Palace braces for more revelations on the relationship between Princes William and Harry as explosive tell-all book promises to shine new light on Megxit Sandringham Summit 

Buckingham Palace is bracing for more explosive revelations with the publication of a tell-all book promising to reveal the truth behind the events of the Sandringham summit. 

The infamous summit, attended by the Queen, Prince Harry, Prince William, and Prince Charles took place in January and saw the royals bash out the details of Megxit.

Now, a new book promises to lay bare the events of the talks as well as revealing the truth of the relationship between Harry and William.  

Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult is written by British historian Robert Lacey, whose previous works have included biographies of the Queen, Sir Walter Raleigh and Eileen Ford. 

As well as his work as an author, he is also known for consulting on Netflix’s hit royal series The Crown. 

The book will give an ‘inside look’ into the princes relationship, starting from childhood up to the present day. 

The new book promises to lay bare the events of the Sandringham talks as well as revealing the truth of the relationship between Harry and William

Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult is written by British historian Robert Lacey

Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult is written by British historian Robert Lacey

Battle of Brothers: William, Harry and the Inside Story of a Family in Tumult is written by British historian Robert Lacey

It will apparently lay bare details of William’s misgivings towards the speed of Harry and Meghan Markle’s relationship, as well as his feelings on Megxit, which saw the Sussexes quit the royal family. 

The book is also expected to include the Queen’s ‘angry’ response towards Harry and Meghan’s decision.  

It will be published on October 15. 

Advertisement

link

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply