Prince Philip crash victim ‘considering personal injury claim’ against the Duke as she faces months off work with broken wrist

A WOMAN injured in a car crash with Prince Philip is set to sue the Duke for compensation.

Emma Fairweather, 46, was left with a broken wrist after her pal’s Kia ploughed into the 97-year-old’s Land Rover last week.

Mum-of-two Emma Fairweather, 45, was left with a broken arm
Mirrorpix

The mum-of-two told The Sunday Mirror that she hadn’t received a personal apology from Philip – and was instead read a bizarre 14-word statement by a police liaison officer.

She also revealed she was considering legal action after docs told her she could be forced off work for TWO months.

She said: “I think he should be treated the same as anyone else. How could you say no to prosecuting him if he’s broken the law?”

“It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family.

“It could have been so much worse. Prince Philip apparently said to a witness that it was the sun that dazzled him but I can’t see how that could be true when it was overcast.”

“It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he’s sorry at all.

“I know the Queen is a busy lady but I was really excited at the idea she might phone me.”

She claimed the only message she got was from a police family liaison officer – and it “didn’t even make sense”.

I know the Queen is a busy lady but I was really excited at the idea she might phone me

Crash victim Emma Fairweather

Emma said the officer told her: “The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you.”

She said: “That’s not an apology or even a well-wish.”

Buckingham Palace said on Friday: “Contact has been made privately with the occupants in the other car and well-wishes exchanged.”

Ms Fairweather says she was surprised by the lack of contact
Royal emergency . . . aftermath of crash which saw Prince Philip’s Land Rover flip and smash into Kia

Prince Philip
An eyewitness told The Sun how the royal said ‘I’m such a fool’ after her husband pulled him from his wrecked car

Norfolk Police said the incident would be investigated “and any appropriate action taken”.

Meanwhile measures to reduce the crash road’s speed limit to 50mph and install cameras were passed.

A Norfolk County Council meeting in Norwich heard the stretch had been considered dangerous for some time.

Prince Philip
Prince Philip’s car flipped and horrifying images show extent of the damage to the Land Rover
Prince Philip
The Queen wants Prince Philip to stop driving after horror crash
AP:Associated Press
Prince Philip
Measures to reduce the crash road’s speed limit to 50mph and install cameras were passed
PA:Press Association


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


Link

(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply