The hits keep on coming for R Kelly.
Hennepin County District Attorney Mike Freeman announced on Monday that the singer was being charged with two counts of sexual misconduct involving a minor under the age of 18 for a 2001 incident in Minnesota.
Freeman said that after investigating a tip that came from Chicago, his office discovered that Kelly allegedly paid a teenager who asked for his autograph $200 to get naked and then asked to perform acts of rape on her in his Minneapolis hotel.
‘The defendant and Victim engaged in small talk before the defendant gave her $200 to dance. According to Victim, after reaching an agreement on an amount, he helped her remove her clothing,’ states the complaint obtained by DailyMail.com.
‘Victim stated that the defendant took off his clothes as well. Victim reported that the defendant laid on the bed and she climbed on top of him, body to body. Victim stated that she was positioned looking down towards the defendant’s feet as she danced.’
The complaint continues: ‘According to Victim, the defendant was rubbing her body as well as fondling his erect penis. Victim stated that the defendant touched all over her body including her vagina and her breasts.’
Kelly’s lawyer responded to this new charge by stating: ‘Give me a break. This is absurd.’
His client meanwhile is still behind bars at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.
Scroll down for video
R Kelly allegedly paid a teenager who asked for his autograph $200 to get naked and then asked to rape her in his Minneapolis hotel
Freeman admitted on Monday that the case would be a difficult one to prosecute since the evidence was 20 years old.
The teenager allegedly asked Kelly for an autograph prior to the alleged incident, at which point he also provided her with a number.
Once she called that number, she was asked to visit Kelly in his hotel room.
‘Victim stated that she obtained an autograph from the defendant which also contained a phone number,’ states the complaint.
‘Victim indicated that she called the number and was directed to a downtown Minneapolis hotel where she met the defendant.’
When she arrived, the singer offered her the money after a brief exchange.
Statutory rape laws in Minnesota clearly state that no authority figure may engage in sexual activity with anyone under the age of 18, a description that would apply to Kelly.
He was more than four years older than the victim, and based on her claim that she asked the singer his autograph was clearly in a position of authority.
It will likely be some time however before Kelly is likely to stand trial.
It was ruled last month by a federal judge that the singer would not be released from prison ahead of his trials in Illinois and New York.
Federal prosecutors in the Illinois case revealed that they are in possession of three tapes which show the singer raping a girl, 14, and then subjecting her to ‘sadomasochistic abuse.’
‘There is no question that it is the defendant on these videos,’ said Assistant US Attorney Angel Krull just before the judge made his ruling.
Kelly is seen in close-up and two of the tapes were filmed in rooms that are distinctly similar to ones in the singer’s former home, according to Krull.
R Kelly in October 2001, just a few months after the alleged criminal offense
Prosecutors also said that the victim’s age is said fifteen times on one of the rape tapes.
The singer’s lawyer, Steve Greenberg, responded by presenting his client as a broke family man with an aversion to flying, and even confirmed that the singer is in fact ‘illiterate’ in his failed bid to convince the court that Kelly was not a flight risk.
‘Unlike his most famous song – I Believe I Can Fly – Mr. Kelly doesn’t like to fly,’ declared Greenberg at one point in the proceedings,
That dated, and arguably false, statement failed to convince Judge Leinenweber however, who denied the singer’s request for bond and then arraigned him on the indictment filed in Illinois last week.
Kelly entered a plea of not guilty. He faces 195 years in prison if convicted on the Illinois charges.
Prosecutors from the Northern District of Illinois confirmed that the minor female who was believed to be on the rape tape that resulted in Kelly’s 2008 Cook County trial is now cooperating with authorities.
That young woman has now gone on the record prosecutors said on Tuesday, and there are five witnesses to corroborate her story.
She did not testify at that 2008 trial, and the refusal of both her and her family to speak with authorities was viewed as the reason for Kelly’s acquittal on child porn charges.
The tape from that trial is not one of the three that prosecutors have in their possession.
In a statement to DailyMail.com, Christopher Brown, Esq. of Brown & Rosen LLC., said: ‘Recent public remarks have been made suggesting that the victim and her family did not testify at the 2008 trial because they received in excess of $2,000,000 from R. Kelly for their silence.
‘Such public remarks are false and have no basis in reality. The victim and her family have been contacted by the United States Attorney’s Office in Chicago and are cooperating with the investigation of R. Kelly.’
‘He is an extreme danger to the community, especially to minor girls,’ argued Krull on Tuesday.
She was also prepared with an argument against an electronic monitor as well, stating that this would not restrict the singer from continuing to commit the crimes he stands accused of in that state.
‘The defendant can entice girls to his own doorstep,’ Krull told the judge.
‘He doesn’t have to leave his home to do that.’
Greenberg dismissed this later, stating: ‘There’s no evidence that he’s a risk to minors at all at this point.’