IT’S the start of our Sun Savers’ back-to-school week so how better to begin than with packed lunches?
They cost on average £2 a day, say Madeformums.com, but savvy parents can reduce their outlay.
With our savvy tips you can cut costs of school lunches[/caption]
Here, our Sun Savers community reveal their tips . . .
- CHRISTINE BURKE, from Hyde, Greater Manchester, says: “Cook a chicken at the weekend from the supermarket, and use to fill rolls, wraps and pasta salad. For pudding, buy a large pot of natural yoghurt and pop into containers with some frozen berries.”
- KAY SOUTHAM, of Birmingham, says: “If you freeze Frubes, or other squeezy yoghurts, and put them into lunch boxes it keeps the rest of the food nice and cool for little ones — saving you buying an ice pack”
- NICOLA STEADMAN, from Dalkeith, Midlothian, says: “Heat up some soup before school, pop it in a flask for your child to take in and by lunchtime it should be the perfect temperature for them to eat — keeping them nice and warm all afternoon.”
- CAROLYN LEMARE, of Hatfield, Herts, says: “Fill their own water bottle the night before and freeze it. Pop it in their lunch bag in the morning and it will still be nice and refreshing to drink, also saving money on bottled drinks.”
- JOANNE WELSH, from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, says: “Make up jelly at home and set into little tupperware pots — it’s much cheaper than buying ready-made pots of jelly. You can even customise these treats by adding fruit of your choice.”
- LAURA DIXON, of Newcastle upon Tyne, says: “Make a week’s worth of sandwiches, wrap them up individually and take them out of the freezer the night before they are needed. It stops the bread and the fillings going off before they get used.”
- SONIA BENSON, from Wigton, Cumbria, says: “Keep a little leftover salad or meat from your evening meal and use to make sandwiches or pasta. Don’t forget to use reusable containers, too, and you will not be wasting money on cling film or tin foil.”
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil is a pricey £24[/caption]
But the Lottie London Arch Rival Brow Artist is just £6.45 at Superdrug[/caption]
FILL in your brows with Lottie London Arch Rival Brow Artist, for £6.45 at Superdrug, the perfect dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil for £24 in Cult Beauty.
Deal of the day
JAZZ up your kitchen with a splashback from the British Ceramic Tile website and get 75 per cent off selected lines with code SPLASH75. You can get this Impact Tangerine Upstand. Was £45, now £11.25.
Save a fiver
GET your little one off on the right foot with these cute Princess Stardust Sophia shoes from Wynsors.com. RRP £15, now £10.
Reader's saving tip
MARY KETTLE, from Newport-on-Tay, Fife, says: “As a cheap and healthy snack, I buy granola when it’s half price and decant it in small tubs to take to work. It’s cheaper than buying individual snacks!”
- Send your tips to sunsavers. co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and
Win £15,000 with Sun Savers Raffle
THERE’S still time join in with this month’s Sun Savers Raffle – where the paper you’re holding could be worth £15,000!
For each Sun Savers code you enter you will get a ticket into our £15,000 monthly raffle. Plus, collect ten raffle tickets in a calendar month and you’ll get a GOLDEN TICKET into our huge £80k raffle which takes place every three months.
The paper you’re holding could be worth £15,000[/caption]
Fancy getting involved? Just head to the Sun Savers app or website and opt-in to each month’s raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted. Then start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily inside the paper. Today’s code is on page 20.
Each time you enter a code you will earn yourself a monthly raffle ticket. With no limit on how many tickets you can collect per month, make sure you enter as many Sun Savers codes as possible to give yourself the best chance of winning. You’ve got to be in it to win it!
- Terms and conditions apply. For full T&Cs see sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Win £27,000 for uni fees
BE sure to study this Sun Savers bonanza – we’re offering one lucky student £27,000 to help pay off uni fees.
Whether you are already a student, starting uni this year or know someone who is already studying and needs help, this competition is open to all of you
In our latest Sun Savers competition you can win your uni fees[/caption]
To enter collect TEN of the 18 Sun Savers codes codes printed daily until Tuesday, September 11.
Today’s code is below. Then go to the Sun Savers app or website and enter your TEN codes.
Lastly, go to the Win Your Uni Fees promotion in the “Offers” section of Sun Savers and click “Enter”, before midnight on Monday, September 24.
Not already a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or download the app to sign up.
Last chance to book with Hols From £9.50
HERE’S another chance to grab one of our Hols From £9.50.
There are 195 parks across the UK and Europe to choose from, at an unbeatable price.
If you find your exact holiday cheaper within 28 days of booking, we will refund the difference plus £10.
Choose a midweek break and get a fourth night’s stay free. To join in, just collect SEVEN Sun Savers codes or differently numbered tokens/codewords, printed daily until September 1.
Collecting tokens/codewords? Enter them at thesun.co.uk/holidays or post them using the online booking form.
If you are collecting Sun Savers codes, opt in to Hols From £9.50 in the Offers section in the app or on sunsavers.co.uk.
You can even use the cash in your Sun Savers wallet.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
most read in money
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.