RITA Ora’s 30th birthday venue Casa Cruz faces having its licence revoked after the star’s illegal bash, it has been reported.
The singer sparked outrage in November when she had 30 pals – including high profile celebs – attend her do at the swanky London restaurant in the middle of the UK’s second national lockdown.
But the scandal is far from over, with the Met Police said to have launched a bid to revoke Casa Cruz’s licence – which would ban it from playing music and serving alcohol.
The Daily Star report that Met Police have filed a report arguing that Rita’s party was “in breach of Coronavirus restrictions regulations in effect at that time and a breach of a premises licence condition”.
They are seeking an order that will ban the restaurant from the “playing of recorded music indoors, the provision of late night refreshments and the sale of retail alcohol both and on off the premises” going forward.
Now the swanky venue, Casa Cruz, is said to be facing losing its licence [/caption]
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea confirmed to the publication that there will be a hearing later this month to secure the fate of the celebrity hotspot.
A council rep said: “The location, it is under review and will be discussed at a virtual hearing on Thursday 28 Jan.”
A spokesperson for the Met Police also revealed that four people have been reported for fines under The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020.
Thirty people attended the secret bash in West London on Saturday 28 November.
Police tried to enter the party venue in November but failed [/caption]
Showbiz pals were among those gathered at posh Casa Cruz in Notting Hill, including Cara Delevingne.
At one stage, police visited the restaurant, with officers seen peering through the windows and trying to open a heavy-duty security door.
The Government imposed a national lockdown from November 5 until December 2 in a bid to prevent social gatherings and mixing of households due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The singer also flouted the rules for a second time[/caption]
Most read in Celebrity
Rules stated that people must stay at home and avoid meeting others they do not live with.
Nicholas Fallows, who is listed as the sole director of Casa Cruz London Ltd, previously insisted to The Sun that news reports about the party were the first he’d heard about it, and said the restaurant was “owned by shareholders”.
Earlier this week, it was revealed that EE had “quietly dropped” Rita’s latest campaign with them from TV due to the fierce backlash after she flouted lockdown rules.
In addition to her birthday party, Rita broke the rules for a second time when she failed to quarantine after returning from a trip to Egypt.