PRINCE Harry may pull out of a planned return to the UK this summer – after he was “shocked” by the frosty reception he received at Prince Philip’s funeral.
Royal expert Russell Myers claimed the Duke may make an “excuse” not to return for the unveiling of a statue dedicated to his late mother.
He is due to stand alongside brother William for a ceremony in Kensington Palace’s Sunken Garden on July 1 – the date of Diana’s 60th birthday.
But Mr Myers said Harry was stunned by the “very, very cold reception” he received from the Royal Family when he flew back from LA for his grandfather’s funeral earlier this month.
Speaking to talkRADIO, the expert said: “Some quarters of the family did give him a frosty reception and perhaps that did shock him somewhat.”
And he claimed the Duke may use the birth of his second child, a daughter within weeks, as a “convenient excuse” not to “face the family”.
Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates…