Schoolboy, 13, collapsed and died after snorting heroin he and friends found in a bag in the woods

A 13-year-old schoolboy tragically died after he snorted heroin he and his pals found in woodlands, an inquest has heard.

Joshua Clark’s heart stopped after he inhaled the brown powder that he had discovered on the way to his mate’s house in Bramcote, near Nottingham in February.

SWNS:South West News Service

Joshua’s heart stopped when he snorted the heroin he and his pals had found in woods[/caption]

This week, an inquest heard how the teenager was a “follower” who would “copy his friends” because he felt like an “outcast” due to problems with his eyesight.

After finding the bag of heroin in woods, Joshua reportedly snorted the powder while watching a movie with his pals.

He lost consciousness shortly after and was rushed to hospital where he died two days later, NottinghamshireLive reports.

One of his friends also suffered cardiac arrest after snorting the drug but was resuscitated by medical staff.

BPM Media

Rosemary Jackson described seeing Joshua lying unconscious after he snorted heroin[/caption]

 

Heroin was found in both the systems of both Joshua and his friend, a pathologist said.

Cannabis was also found in the 13-yerar-old’s blood stream.

Joshua’s heartbroken gran Rosemary Jackson, 60, said she suspected her “’lovely, kind and caring” grandson would not survive after learning that his heart had stopped for six minutes.

Rosemary, who rushed over to the home where Joshua had collapsed, said: “I did not feel he was going to pull through when I saw him in that house.

“I was told his heart had stopped for six minutes and it was unlikely he would survive.

‘Joshua was a loving and caring child and he lived life to the full, even though he was 13 when he died.”

She said the teenager would visit her every day for lunch, adding: “He was a lovely lad and loved by so many people. I am broken. I just need to take it one day at a time.”

At the inquest, Detective Constable Martine Smith said: “’I don’t believe the boys realised what they were taking because of what happened thereafter.

“I do not think they knew what they were doing.”


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours


 

Link

(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply