SEVEN boxing legends could be set to dust off the gloves in 2021 as they look to follow Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr by coming out of retirement.
The two heavyweights took part in an exhibition bout in November, where the event notched up over 1.6 million pay-per-view buys.
Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr stepped out of retirement for an exhibition bout last year[/caption]
Social networking service Triller raked in over £60million for broadcasting the contest, and many more fighters could step back inside the squared circle for one more payday.
Here SunSport looks at seven former world champions that could once again lace up the gloves.
SunSport understands that the 58-year-old is in talks to pit his wits against Tyson for a third time after beating him twice during the 1990s.
And the contest could take place in the Middle East, where the bout could fetch in excess of £73m.
Holyfield hasn’t fought since 2011 after he knocked out Denmark’s Brian Nielsen.
But he still looks in great shape with the Real Deal still regularly training ahead of a potential comeback.
CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH
The 44-year-old – who won 15 world titles across five weight classes – hasn’t fought professionally since stopping Conor McGregor in 2017.
But he revealed in November that he will be looking to compete in exhibition bouts in 2021, which can earn him ‘some heavy cash’.
And that is what he will doing later this year when he faces YouTuber Logan Paul.
Manny Pacquiao’s ex-sparring partner George Kambosos also recently told SunSport that he would like to see the Filipino icon face Mayweather in a rematch.
Floyd Mayweather pits his wits against YouTuber Logan Paul later this year[/caption]
Lennox Lewis and Riddick Bowe
Two other heavyweight greats, British legend Lewis revealed last year that he has ‘unfinished business’ with Bowe.
A fight between the two failed to materialise in the 1990s, but Lewis stressed that he could be tempted to make a comeback to face his rival.
Asked by BT Sport whether he would be return, he said: “Sure! I mean, it seems like a lot of fun.”
Before adding: “I looked at the history of why boxers come back and most boxers come back because they have nothing else to do.
“People keep coming up to them and saying to them, ‘Hey, when is your next fight? Who are you going to fight?’
“But it doesn’t do better for them, it makes them look bad. So I always elected to stay away from that.
“But, if it is right, I may come back. There’s been talk of Riddick Bowe wants to fight me still so there is still some unfinished business there.”
Bowe himself called out Tyson last summer as he looked to fight the Baddest Man on the Planet instead of Jones Jr.
Lennox Lewis hinted last year that he could be tempted to step back inside the ring[/caption]
Riddick Bowe was keen to battle his American compatriot Mike Tyson last year[/caption]
Oscar De La Hoya
The 1992 Olympic gold medallist, 48, recently revealed his comeback bout is set for July 3.
De La Hoya hasn’t fought since he was destroyed by Pacquiao in 2008.
And the Golden Boy was even called out by Amir Khan in August, though fans urged the Brit star to face Kell Brook instead.
Most read in boxing
Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Marquez
The former four-division champions are reportedly stepping back inside the ring on June 12 in an exhibition encounter.
Cotto hasn’t been involved in a fight since 2017, while his opponent Marquez retired in 2014.
According to BoxingScene.com, a location is yet to be determined.
But both parties have accepted the deal and an official announcement is expected to be made in the coming days.