According to The Sun, the music mogul, 61, has moved to secure a ‘blind spot’ back entrance to the home, with planning permission granted last month to carry out the security measures.
It is understood Simon and his family (partner Lauren Silverman and son Eric, seven) do not currently live at the property and will not move in for a ‘long time’.
Safety first: Simon Cowell has reportedly further ramped up security measures at his £15million mansion in south-west London – five years after his Holland Park abode was broken into in a £1million raid
A source told the website: ‘After the terrifying experience he had a few years ago Simon doesn’t want a repeat. He is only too aware of the threat of burglary and being in the public eye means he’s a potential target.
‘When he bought the place he made plans for top-of-the- range security and these arrangements are ramping up his efforts even further.
‘The most important thing to Simon is the safety of his family. No expense spared.’
Mailonline has contacted Simon’s representatives for comment.
The security claims come six years after Darren February broke into Cowell’s five-bedroom property in upmarket Holland Park, through a patio door and stole jewellery and two passports.
Home: According to The Sun , the music mogul, 61, has moved to secure a ‘blind spot’ back entrance to the home, with planning permission granted last month to carry out the security measures
Just ten days after he burgled the X Factor supremo’s home in December 2015, he hit 52-year-old father and motorcyclist Kenneth Baldwin with a car and killed him, after driving up the wrong side of the road at 58mph.
February had already been convicted of 37 burglaries, repeatedly targeting the wealthy areas of Kensington and Bayswater which provided ‘rich pickings’, prosecutor Denis Barry said.
When he broke into Cowell’s house on December 4 he was on licence for other burglaries and public order offences.
He has committed 58 offences spanning two decades, and was first convicted aged just 12.
Cowell told the court how diamond rings worth £500,000 were stolen in the raid.
In a statement read to the jury he said: ‘My son and his nanny were in their bedroom on the second floor and our security guard Simon Williams was in his office on the ground floor. There is a large safe within a wardrobe.
Family man: The star is in a relationship with partner Lauren Silverman, with the pair sharing son Eric, seven (pictured 2018)
‘Myself and Lauren went to bed at 12:30 on the morning of the burglary, and I believe that my nanny and son were already asleep.
‘I next remember being woken by Simon Williams who said here had been an incident in the property, we had been robbed and should stay in the room.
‘Lauren and myself had then asked about my son and we were very concerned about making sure he was alright.
‘Our safe had been open and items had been taken. Lauren was flying abroad that morning and she wanted to quietly get her jewellery.
‘The security guard came to me and told me my passports and brown 1920 attache case had been recovered and I realised it had been taken.’
Cowell said among the jewellery taken were watches worth £200,000, diamond rings worth £500,000, diamond earrings valued at £220,000 and diamond bracelets worth £50,000.
Most of the items have not been recovered. He added: ‘No one has the right or authority to steal from Lauren or myself and I will go to court if required.’
In 2016 February was jailed for eight-and-a-half years for causing death by dangerous driving not far from Cowell’s home.
Painful: Simon broke his back in August after falling from his electric bike, leaving him forced to undergo a six-hour surgery to try and fix the injuries
In April last year, it was reported Simon, who purchased the house in October 2018, was given the go-ahead from the council to transform his seven-bedroom property into a home that meets the ‘modern requirements of the family’.
Sources claimed the X Factor boss’ requests included a 15-metre outdoor pool, an extended sunroom and state-of-the-art security.
According to The Sun, the media personality was adding a pool house, a bar, three new vehicle gates, a pergola and a ‘glazed conservation lantern roof’ to his existing conservatory for optimum sunshine ‘throughout the year in a private position’
The publication also alleged that the talent manager will beef up security at his home by upgrading the current lighting and camera system.
MailOnline contacted Simon’s representatives for further comment at the time.
In August, Simon was rushed to hospital to undergo six hours of surgery after breaking his back in an electric bike accident, forcing him to cancel all his planned TV work for the rest of the year.
The X Factor judge had been staying in LA while he recovered from his accident, but he was seen looking happy and healthy in Barbados for a family trip last month.
The accident occurred when the powerful machine ‘flew up in the air and did an accidental wheelie’ after he tried to change gears.
The music boss is thought to have been ‘surprised by the power’ of the bike and knew immediately that he ‘was in trouble’.
Following the accident, Simon tweeted: ‘Some good advice… If you buy an electric trail bike, read the manual before you ride it for the first time.’
He went on: ‘I have broken part of my back. Thank you to everyone for your kind messages.’
He then added in a second tweet: ‘And a massive thank you to all the nurses and doctors. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. Stay safe everyone Simon.’
His recent injuries and ongoing recovery saw him sit out of the resumed 2020 series of Britain’s Got Talent after it returned following England’s first lockdown.
Quite a difference: Simon has shed more than 20Ibs in weight thanks to a fastidious vegan diet, which he changed in order to keep up with son Eric