NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS came out winners in Atlanta following a tight game against the LA Rams.
The 53rd Super Bowl was a tight and low scoring game with the Pats only looking the stronger team in the final quarter.
Here is all you need to know…
Who won and what was the score?
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS are the winners of Super Bowl 53.
They beat the LA Rams 13-3 with the only touchdown of the game coming in the final quarter.
After losing to Philadelphia Eagles last year, the Patriots – who were in their third consecutive Super Bowl – made sure of the win through Sony Michel who ran in the 2-yarder.
Patriots took the lead in the second quarter through a field goal after Gostkowski missed one in the first but the Rams managed to level after half time.
What records were broken?
- Patriots equalled Pittsburgh Steelers number of Super Bowl wins
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick becomes the oldest coach to ever win the Super Bowl
- Bill Belichick now ties George Halas and Curly Lambeau for most NFL championships by a head coach
- Greg ‘The Leg’ Zuerlien got the longest field goal in Super Bowl history – 53 yards
- Tom Brady becomes the first quarter back to win SIX Super Bowls – he has been in 9 (won 6, lost 2)
Who was named Super Bowl MVP?
The MVP will be announced following the completion of Super Bowl 53.