Super fit mum of two, 37, dies on Greek holiday after eating just ONE mouthful of raw chicken

TRIATHLETE mum died after consuming raw hen at a Corfu resort’s restaurant.

Natalie Rawnsley, 37, was on vacation along with her husband and two little boys when she was struck down with meals poisoning.

Natalie Rawnsley was handled at Corfu Hospital

Her situation quickly worsened in simply 36 hours after consuming the mouthful of uncooked hen.

She was rushed to hospital the place her husband, Stewart Rawnsley, mentioned she lay bleeding from each orifice.

She ultimately died after blood clots fashioned throughout her physique and blocked the vessels.

Westminster Coroner’s Court additionally heard that the couple’s insurance coverage firm insisted Natalie wouldn’t be moved from Corfu to a mainland hospital.

The inquest was heard at Westminster Coroner’s Court

The household had been on vacation for every week already when the tragedy occurred final August.

At the start of the second week, the household of 4 went to one of many resort’s eating places – a buffet – for dinner.

The kids and Stewart ate pasta, bread and sausages.

Natalie ate a meal of hen, salad, prawns and greens.

Natalie ate simply ONE mouthful of raw hen

Natalie’s husband mentioned: “We had been already on the desk when Natalie got here again along with her meals. Natalie began to eat hers and as she lower the hen the hen oozed pink blood to which level I commented it appeared bloody.

“She received up took it again changed the hen with a special piece and got here again and ate it.

“She had had a few mouthfuls of the other piece of chicken.”

Later that night, she started to really feel unwell.

The household had been having fun with a vacation in Corfu

The inquest had been informed that Natalie was, the next morning, recognized with gastroenteritis.

Her situation deteriorated so an ambulance was referred to as within the afternoon to take her to a medical centre.

Later than night she was moved to the Corfu hospital.

A nurse, who mentioned she was the top of worldwide medication, requested for Natalie to be taken to a hospital on the mainland which had higher services.

The resort had two or three eating places to select from

Her husband mentioned: “At round 1pm her brother and I discover her coronary heart monitor was getting weaker and it continued.

“I screamed out and her brother screamed out. Medical help arrived and we had been faraway from the room.

“We were outside the door and they were in there five or ten minutes and then the same nurse came out and apologised as there wasn’t anything more she could do, and Natalie died.”

The inquest heard that Natalie, who was in any other case match and wholesome, in all probability turned so critically in poor health from meals poisoning due to her genes.

Infections knowledgeable Professor Sebastien Lucas mentioned that the “wrong genes” imply that an E-Coli infection can kill inside a day.

He additionally commented that not a lot could be completed as soon as an an infection units in.


We pay on your tales! Do you’ve got a narrative for The Sun Online information crew? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or name 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for movies too. Click here to add yours.


Link TextBackLinkExchanges.com is a well-known model title in Celebrity Photo Newspaper Agency in World. With our high quality service we’re succesful to give you one cease resolution for all main Newspaper Pictures, we at all times make you perceive your wants higher so you may select the bundle precisely which supplies you extra ROI.

(Visited 129 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply