A man with a knife wound has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man in his 20s was stabbed in the neck in north London.
The individual has been taken to hospital, in the custody of officers, for treatment after he handed himself in to police.
Scotland Yard said they were called to the scene near Broomfield Park, Palmers Green, just before 9.30pm.
It follows the repeated stabbing of a 14-year-old boy on a south London street in broad daylight earlier this month.
A man with a knife wound has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man in his 20s was stabbed in the neck in north London. (Pictured) Police cordon around the crime scene
The victim is believed to have been attacked in Broomfield park, Palmers Green (Pictured). He was found by members of the public that called police at 9.30pm
After the vicious attack the victim was rushed to hospital but is now ‘no longer in a life threatening condition’.
A cordon is still in place while officers search for clues causing disruption to some public transport routes.
A picture shows at least two emergency services vehicles at the scene which is cordoned off by red tape.
A Met police statement said: ‘Officers were called to attend Aldermans Hill, N13, after members of the public found a man with a stab wound to the neck.
‘They provided help to the victim, who it is believed may have been attacked in nearby Broomfield Park, and called police at 21.25hrs.
‘A police cordon is in place and the investigation is in its early stages.’
A 14-year-old boy was rushed to hospital after being stabbed multiple times on Gloucester Rd in Croydon, South London, earlier this month
The terrifying stabbing happened on the same road as Scotty Kouebitra (pictured) was tragically murdered, back in 2016
Earlier this month a 14-year-old boy was rushed to hospital after being stabbed repeatedly at 5.25pm on Gloucester road, Croydon.
In a statement to MailOnline, Met Police said: ‘Officers attended alongside the London Ambulance Service and found a 14-year-old boy suffering stab injuries. His injuries have been assessed as non-life threatening.’
‘His next of kin have been informed and patrols have been stepped up in the area. ‘A crime scene remains in place; no arrests have been made.’
He was attacked on the same road that Scotty Kouebitra was tragically murdered on almost three years earlier.
The 22-year-old was left to die in a pool of his own blood after he was chased.
Since the start of this year 49 people have died after being stabbed in the capital.
LONDON’S MURDERS IN 2019
Where the 49 murders in the capital so far this year have been committed
- Jan 1: Charlotte Huggins, 32, Camberwell
- Jan 1: Tudor Simionov, 33, Mayfair
- Jan 4: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, Rainham
- Jan 6: Sarah Ashraf, 35, Isle of Dogs
- Jan 7: Jayden Moody, 14, Waltham Forest
- Jan 11: Asma Begum, 31, Canning Town
- Jan 27: Kamil Malysz, 34, Acton
- Jan 29: Nedim Bilgin, 17, Islington
- Feb 4: Carl Thorpe, 46, Highgate
- Feb 5: Lejean Richards, 19, Battersea
- Feb 10: Dennis Anderson, 39, East Dulwich
- Feb 18: Bright Akinlele, 22, Camden
- Feb 19: Brian Wieland, 69, Chingford
- Feb 21: Glendon Spence, 23, Brixton
- Feb 22: Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, Wood Green
- Feb 25: David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, Tower Hamlets
- Feb 26: Che Morrison, 20, Ilford
- Mar 1: Jodie Chesney, 17, Harold Hill
- Mar 2: Elize Linda Stevens, 50, Hendon
- Mar 2: Jolia Bogdan, 3 months, Croydon
- Mar 3: Unnamed man, 37, Soho
- Mar 6: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, Kew
- Mar 6: David Martinez, 26, Leyton
- Mar 7: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, Battersea
- Mar 7: Ayub Hassan, 17, West Kensington
- Mar 16: Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, Fulham
- Mar 22: Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, Isleworth
- Mar 24: Ravi Katharkamar, 54, Pinner
- Mar 27: Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, West Norwood
- Mar 28: Zahir Visiter, 25, Regents Park
- Mar 29: Gavin Garraway, 40, Clapham
- Apr 1: Calvin Bungisa, 22, Kentish Town
- Apr 2: Hubert Hall, 60, Walthamstow
- Apr 7: Annabelle Lancaster, 22, Enfield
- Apr 8: Noore Bashir Salad, 22, Manor Park
- Apr 16: Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, Wembley
- Apr 17: Steven Brown, 47, Stoke Newington
- Apr 23: Meshak Williams, 21, Harlesden
- Apr 26: Mihrican Mustafa, 38, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Henriett Szucs, 34, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Amy Parsons, 35, Whitechapel
- Apr 26: Joshua White, 29, Hackney
- May 1: Tashaun Aird, 15, Hackney
- May 5: Constantin Sin, 51, Leytonstone
- May 5: Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, Southwark
- May 11: Erik San-Filippo, 23, Islington
- May 16: Barrington Davis, 54, Lewisham
- May 23: Unnamed man, 60s, Kensington
- May 23: Unnamed woman, 60s, Kensington