Taiwanese woman has a live four-inch centipede removed from her EAR

A female patient in Taiwan was shocked to discover that a centipede had been living inside her ear.

The 52-year-old woman checked herself into hospital in Chiayi, south-west Taiwan a few days ago after feeling discomfort in her ear canal, according to local reports. 

Horrified doctors discovered the 10-centimetre (4-inch) creepy crawly and immediately removed the insect with a pair of tweezers. 

Horrified doctors in Taiwan extracted the 10-centimetre centipede from a patient's ear

Horrified doctors in Taiwan extracted the 10-centimetre centipede from a patient's ear

Horrified doctors in Taiwan extracted the 10-centimetre centipede from a patient’s ear

Doctor Xu Zhengming, director of the Department of Otolaryngology at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital said he applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting before removing it

Doctor Xu Zhengming, director of the Department of Otolaryngology at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital said he applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting before removing it

Doctor Xu Zhengming, director of the Department of Otolaryngology at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital said he applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting before removing it

The woman told doctors at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital she suspected there was something crawling inside her ear, according to United Daily News.

After checking her ear canal with an otoscope, Doctor Xu Zhengming, director of the hospital’s Department of Otolaryngology confirmed that there was an unknown insect in her canal.

He immediately applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting and extracted it with a pair of tweezers – revealing the stomach-churning discovery. 

Xu added that the woman’s hearing and ear canal were not damaged thanks to her decision to get immediate medical attention. 

Dr Xu immediately applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting and extracted it with a pair of tweezers - revealing the stomach-churning discovery

Dr Xu immediately applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting and extracted it with a pair of tweezers - revealing the stomach-churning discovery

Dr Xu immediately applied an anaesthetic spray to prevent the bug from biting and extracted it with a pair of tweezers – revealing the stomach-churning discovery

Xu also treated a female patient who had a tick attached to her eardrum back in April

Xu also treated a female patient who had a tick attached to her eardrum back in April

Xu also treated a female patient who had a tick attached to her eardrum back in April

In April, Xu also treated a 47-year-old female patient who had a tick attached her eardrum, which had most likely been transferred from her pet dog.

Small bugs do sometimes enter human ears and it is advised to see a doctor as soon as possible should this occur, so that the insect can be removed safely. 

If done at home, there is a risk of causing injury or that remains of the bug is left in the ear.

An insect can cause pain and inflammation if it bites or stings while insect remains in the ear can cause damage to the ear canal and even rupture the ear drum. 

https://textbacklinkexchanges.com/category/the-sun-world/

(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply