TEAM GB’s Women Football team are on the medal hunt in Tokyo as they take on Chile Women in their opening group fixture.
Competing in this event for the first time since 2012, the 18-strong women’s side is packed with international experience and will be hopeful of going far in the tournament.
- Start time: 8.30am GMT
- TV/Live stream: BBC Two
- Team GB XI: To follow
- Chile XI: To follow
Follow ALL the action with our live blog below…
DREAM TEAM IS BACK! SIGN UP NOW FOR THE 21/22 SEASON FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN £100,000
Team GB Women’s Olympic squad was announced in May[/caption]
When is Team GB Women vs Chile Women?
- This opening group game will take place on Wednesday, July 21.
- Kick-off is at 8.30am BST.
- There are three groups in the women’s side of the draw, going from E-G.
- This is to avoid confusion with the men’s draw, which has groups labelled from A-D.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
There are a number of ways to watch this game here in the UK – and it will be shown on free-to-air TV.
You can watch the match unfold live on BBC Two and Eurosport 1.
Coverage will also be streamed on the BBC iPlayer, Eurosport Player and Discovery+.
What is the team news?
There are a number of high-profile stars in Team GB’s ranks, with Karen Bardsley, Steph Houghton, Jill Scott and Ellen White all having represented the squad at London 2012.
Lauren Hemp is the youngest member at just 20 years old, while Sandy MacIver, Lotte Wubben-Moy, Niamh Charles and Ella Toone are all on the reserve list.
FIFA Women’s Player of the Year Lucy Bronze is also in the squad.
Team GB Women’s fixtures
- Team GB vs Chile Women, Wednesday July 21 – 8.30am BST
- Japan Women vs Team GB, Saturday July 24 – 11.30am BST
- Canada Women vs Team GB, Tuesday July 27 – midday BST