-valsatuo I’m sure everyone has heard this by now, but for those who haven’t – Yes. Texans understand that this weather is nothing for people up north. The reason our current situation has dealt such a devastating blow, is because we lack the necessary tools, skills, and infrastructure to deal with the record-breaking low climate in the Lone Star State.
There are no snowplows, salt/sand piles, or power grids to combat these conditions.
-alex__briseno To put it in perspective, in the summer of 1954 temperatures in Illinois reached an extreme high of 117 °F. According to coroner reports during the time, the death toll from the heatwave outnumbered the birth rate most days. Though 110+ °F temperatures are a common occurrence in Texas, Illinois had never dealt with it before, and as a result, were completely unprepared.
THIS is the situation Texans are currently battling.
-jeniloveswellness Captured a rare, snowy sunset in downtown Austin.
-SignMeRightTheFuckUp Living in Texas during this snowstorm, pipe burst in the apartment above me flooding my unit and destroying it.
-miles315 1996 Ford Bronco sees snow in Central Texas for the first time!
-TheGr8tLambino Texas ice skates
-PSU_Alumnus Current View of Texas Motor Speedway Where it is a Balmy 0° F.
-happilybeing_me1 It’s a frigid week in TX.
-join.golocal This weather is snow joke!
-mytexashouse A Texan’s guide to surviving a once in a lifetime snow storm in the South:
1) Order sleds and snow gear for your kids as soon as you hear there is even a slight possibility for snow (Amazon basically laughed at me when I tried to order the night before our storm)
2) When “they” say drip your faucets and open your cabinet doors…listen to “them”!
3) Shovel out an area in the snow for your dog to do their business (check out Jessie in my stories today! Poor baby!).
4) 3-4 pairs of pants are best when going outside, though you won’t be able to lean over or breathe. And special note: Allow at least 1 full hour to get on all winter gear on before leaving the house.
5) Be prepared for rolling blackouts and kids who don’t know what to do without phones or internet!
6) Assume school will be canceled as long as there is any snow on the ground…people be crazy driving on icy Texas roads!
-eddymarkwards Carrollton, TX. 11:45 PM. Single streetlight.
-YouOtterKnow1 Added to my snow village.
-taykaybo Snowpocalypse in Austin Texas. No water. No electricity. No snowplows. No de-icing.
-alicialeonfineart It went past the boot later. 10 inches of snow!
-Crazedchef Texas Hill Country trying to be Canada!
Not ok with today in so many ways. This, for starters.
-instantpotdinners Dinner Prep by headlamp! This is unreal.
-scullywagz Fire and ice. Texas skies X Texas snow.
-jonscotty_ Austin covered in snow.
Like this post
Why funny textbacklinkexchanges.com ? Because individuals imagine in the truthfulness of funny data. People Read newspaper https://textbacklinkexchanges.com for up to date information which they will’t get as a result of busy life fashion and extra for the new product provide, new schemes provided by close by distributors. Most of the individuals choose information picture paper to get new product data and good shopping for alternative and likewise for information replace. Most of the Business group used this media to advertise their product or providers as a result of funny pic are cheap promoting medium which covers quite a lot of clients shortly and having good impression on the buyer relating to truthfulness which supplies them good returns. It’s additionally a great way to share the announcement which spreads shortly to need a part of society.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)