TODAY is National Price Hike Day – because this is when our bills are likely to go up.
But the worst one for me is the annual TV licence rising from £150.50 to £154.50.
I’m not happy about that, so have put together ways to save and wipe out that increase…
- Discount Prosecco: You can toast a big saving on booze by popping to Asda and picking up a bottle of Canti Prosecco, usually £10, for £6.
- Recycle ink cartridges: Instead of throwing away empty printer cartridges, take them to your nearby Tesco and recycle them. Each cartridge is worth £1.25 in club points that can be spent on items in store. Recycle four and you have more than made that £4 extra needed for the TV license this year.
- Cool gift: Have savings licked with this deal. Sign up to the Toby Carvery newsletter and you will get a free ice cream when you buy a carvery roast. The ice cream costs about £4 and is also offered to you on your birthday.
- Free hot drink: Download the Greggs loyalty app to your iPhone or Android smartphone and get a free hot drink worth £2 when signing up. The freebie will appear in your rewards section in the app and is redeemable up to 31 days after registering. The reward scheme also gives you your eighth coffee free — another £2 saved.
- Drink it in: Frankie & Benny’s will give you a two-for-one drinks voucher when you register on its website. Enjoy two milkshakes for half the price.
STOCK up on Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner, £2 per bottle at Morrisons, down from £4.50.
Deal of the day
GRAB a Drivers Flyover Track Set for your little one from John Lewis, reduced to clear at £6. Was £20.
My Sun Savers fiver
ALEX FISHER, from Leeds, says: “I gave my £41 Sun savings to Macmillan Cancer Support who helped my family with bills.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tale is used. Please include your name and town.
Reader’s saving tip
MICHELLE HARRISON, from Stockport, says: “If you have kitchen gadgets you don’t use, swap them with friends – that way you will both get something you want while saving money.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
Hols from £15 are back
OUR bargain breaks are back – so don’t miss your chance to join in.
Our Hols From £15 feature more than 290 holiday parks across the UK and Europe.
Debbie Edwards with Harrison Pengelly-Hall at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park[/caption]
See all the destinations and holiday parks at thesun.co.uk/holidays. The breaks are available until August.
Our Hols From £15 are peak dates, giving you a bigger choice of European holidays compared to our Hols From £9.50 dates.
Pick from a three-night weekend break or four-night midweek getaway. Go midweek and you will get a fourth night FREE.
To book, collect EIGHT tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in The Sun until April 14.
Once you have collected EIGHT codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book. Or to book by post, send your tokens along with the online booking form.
If collecting with Sun Savers, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click ‘Start Collecting’ on the “Holidays from £15” page found in the “Offers” section.
Next, enter your EIGHT Sun Savers codes to unlock booking. You can even pay using the cash in your Sun Savers wallet.
And book early, as the best holidays go fast.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply, see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Grab two FREE tickets to Alton Towers Resort worth more than £100 with Sun Superdays
SUN Superdays is back – so grab your two FREE tickets to Alton Towers Resort worth more than £100!
This year, unleash the “Power of the Towers” and share even more fun and thrills as the resort launches amazing new attractions.
You can enjoy the UK’s latest wooden rollercoaster experience on Wicker Man and feel G-forces greater than a space shuttle on Nemesis.
Brave Oblivion’s iconic vertical drop, ride The Smiler’s 14 loops or satisfy your need for speed on Rita – but hold on tight.
To get your tickets, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then go to the “Superdays – Alton Towers” page in the “Offers” section and click “Start Collecting”.
Next, collect NINE Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, April 9.
Lastly, enter your NINE Sun Savers codes on the app or website to unlock booking.
Exclusively with Sun Savers, you can pick the date you go so no one has to miss out. You will also get the very best dates.
Dare you add a visit to the new Alton Towers Dungeon?
Here, you can journey through Staffordshire’s darkest history. This does cost extra but book your free tickets with Sun Savers and you can get a Dungeon ticket for just £5 on the day, instead of £7.50. Simply take your Sun Savers e-ticket to the Resort Box Office.
- Subject to availability. Multiple Code Collect. Sun Savers £2.00 booking fee applies. T&Cs apply – visit thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY TIPS
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.