WITH winter looming, you’ll be spending more time indoors with the kids.
But you can keep them entertained without breaking the bank. Home in on these fun ideas…
Keep the whole family entertained this half-term with our bargain board game deals[/caption]
- Rediscover old favourites: Digging out old board games could prove a novelty for kids usually glued to tablets or TVs, plus you can get the whole family involved. Check out charity shops for games, too. Or if buying new, club together with some friends — get one each then swap. Timberrrr — a bit like Jenga — is down from £5.99 to £4.99 at smythstoys.com.
- Make Halloween costumes: If your kiddies are excited about the impending ghoul-fest, get them creating outfits? Items such as capes and hats are good starting points, then set up your little ones with scrap materials, paint, pens, paper, glue and so on to add creative flourishes. Instead of buying a wicked-witch costume for £8.25 at Sainsbury’s, make a pointy hat at home using cardboard and instructions from partydelights.co.uk.
- Pumpkin-carving: The web is full of tutorials and ideas for design inspiration — or kids can dream up their own fantastic faces. Asda is selling a large pumpkin and carving kit for £2.50 but small hands only need a small pumpkin, so go to Lidl for their 69p one.
- Cooking: The finalists for TV’s Great British Bake Off have been revealed and fans can help spread the love for baking by getting their kids involved. Get the basic ingredients — butter, flour, sugar, milk and eggs — from Aldi for less than a fiver and you will be able to use them for several recipe projects such as sponge cake or scones. Swap a slice of shop-bought Tesco’s Finest Victoria sponge for a homemade cake and save yourself the £2.75.
- Host a duvet day: Schedule a day when your children are allowed to stay in their PJs. Borrow DVDs from friends and family. Or use your Sun Savers fivers at skystore.com to buy and keep movies for a whole lot less than cinema prices. See sunsavers.co.uk to learn more. Favourites include Jumanji, Peter Rabbit or The Greatest Showman. Make some popcorn and stock up on snacks for the ultimate chillout. A good one for when the kids are feeling a bit tired.
- ALL prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
A smooth tan, but the price is a bit rough[/caption]
READER'S SAVING TIP
STEPHEN GOLDING, of Bromley, South East London, says: “You can collect owed Sainsbury’s coupons before you shop. Scan your Nectar card at a self-service till and click “pay”. It will print any owed coupons which you can use immediately.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Include your name and town.
Shop & save
TAKE up knitting – there is a three-for-two deal on all yarn at Hobbycraft.
Pick up three bundles of Knitcraft Ruby Hug It Out Yarn, 200g for £11, usually £16.50.
Offer ends on Sunday.
HOT RIGHT NOW
GET a free cinema ticket when you buy two DVDs from the Entertainment Store on ebay.co.uk.
Offer ends November 12.
Deal of the day
DEFEAT winter dryness with the Lip Butter Kiss Me Cube from The Body Shop.
Was £10, now £5.
Offer ends Monday.
SNACK on Oreo and Cadbury Joyfills now on offer at Tesco.
Was £1.50, now £1.
MY SUN SAVERS FIVER
BRIAN JONES from Treharris, Mid Glamorgan, says: “My daughter is getting married in 2020 and I am saving my fivers up to pay for the first round of drinks”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Win £1,000 to pay your energy bills
WITH the nights drawing in and temperatures dropping, keeping on top of your bills can be tough – and expensive.
But don’t worry because Sun Savers is giving you the chance to win one of five prizes of £1,000 to help pay towards your energy bills and ease the strain at this costly time of year.
For a chance to win, collect FIVE Sun Savers codes from those we are printing daily until Sunday, October 28. The first was in yesterday’s paper today’s is on Page 16.
Once you have your five Sun Savers codes, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk to enter them.
Lastly, click “Enter” on the “Win Your Bills” page by midnight on Monday, November 5.
Not already a Sun Savers member? Head to sunsavers.co.uk or download the free app to get started.
Don’t forget to also check out our Sun Savers page in the paper every day, for great tips on how to spend less and pocket more.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Collect FIVE Sun Savers codes from the eight printed in The Sun between Sunday, October 21 and Sunday, October 28, 2018. Last chance to join in is Wednesday, October 24.
Competition closes at 23:59pm on Monday, November 5. Over-18s, residents of the UK only. One entry per person. Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries.
There will be FIVE winners of 1 x £5,000 cash. Allow seven days from entry closing for the draw to take place. Winner will then be notified within 14 days. Please allow 28 days for receipt of prize. Prize is non-transferable. Your information will only be used for the purposes of this competition.
Promoter is News Group Newspapers Ltd. Not open to staff of the Promoter and promotional partner or their families. The winners will be asked to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this competition.
The Editor’s decision is final.
For a list of winners, please send a stamped, addressed envelope to: News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating which competition you would like the winners’ details.
2 FREE TICKETS WORTH £70
HERE’S your chance to grab two FREE tickets to Madame Tussauds London, worth £70, with Sun Superdays, this Saturday.
Get up close and personal with more than 250 lifelike figures of your favourite celebs – including royals Prince Harry and Meghan.
To claim your free tickets just collect NINE Sun Savers codes from the 18 we will be printing in the paper from Saturday, October 27 until Tuesday, November 13.
You can also collect TEN printed tokens and use the booking form in Saturday’s paper, but with Sun Savers you can book a day early.
Check out our four-page Madame Tussauds London pullout in Saturday’s paper and see which stars you could meet . . .
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 24. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash. With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.