IT’S Jeans For Genes Day – so get ready to embrace your denims and donate to charity. Schools and workplaces across the country will be helping to raise money for children with genetic disorders across the UK.
Whether they are skinny or straight, fitted or flared, jeans are a wardrobe must-have. But finding the perfect pair to flatter curves can sometimes be a headache.
Well, ladies, the struggle is at last over. The British high street now caters for every size, making popular styles accessible for everyone.
In celebration, we asked 26-year-old Hayley Hasselhoff – a plus-sized model from LA and daughter of Knight Rider star David – to try on a range of jeans in aid of a charity close to her heart.
She said: “One of my best friends has type one diabetes and I’ve seen her struggle since day one of our friendship. We want to raise awareness of genetic disorders and give the charity a voice.
“We want people to buy the T-shirt – or just get together with your work colleagues or friends to wear jeans and donate. It’s a really cool concept that is easy for anyone and everyone to be a part of.”
To make a donation to Jeans For Genes Day, visit jeansforgenes.org.
Deputy Fashion Editor CLEMMIE FIELDSEND reveals Hayley’s verdict on a selection of jeans.
HAYLEY SAYS: “I think this pair are one size too big for me but they’re a really great everyday, around-the-house jean and you know you can get jobs done in them. They feel really comfortable and are a nice, relaxed style.”
- White vest top, £12, Simply Be – buy now
- Cream cardigan, £24.99, New Look – buy now
- Trainers, £19.99, New Look – buy now
- Midrise slim jeans, £25, M&S Curve – buy now
- Coat, £149, M&S – buy now
HAYLEY SAYS: “These are my favourite. I love the thick fabric and fit – they are nice and stiff and hold everything in. They’re perfect for a festival vibe or a night-out look and the wide leg is really flattering. With jeans and fashion I think you should wear what makes you feel good. I wouldn’t normally go for these – but they make me feel and look amazing.”
- Cream shirt, £35, River Island – buy now
- Gold hoop earrings, £6, River Island – buy now
- Wide-leg jeans, £30, Pretty Little Thing Plus – buy now
- Mustard heels, £22.99, New Look – buy now
HAYLEY SAYS: “Skinny jeans are a good staple to have in your wardrobe. These are a good stretch jean and fit well. They look sexy with a heel and are good for showing off your bum, but they don’t really suit my figure.”
- Light blue skinny jeans, £45, River Island Plus – buy now
- Blue denim top, £39, Debenhams – buy now
- Leopard-print shoes, £69, M&S – buy now
HAYLEY SAYS: “The wide leg, high waist and dark colour all work to flatter your figure. The Seventies trend is huge and isn’t going anywhere, so these are a great investment.”
- Blazer, £65, Topshop – buy now
- Jeans, £30, Evans – buy now
- T-shirt, £9, JeansforGenes Day.org – buy now
- Sock boot, £45, M&S – buy now
- Earrings, £5.99, New Look – buy now
- Necklace, £3.99, New Look – buy now
HAYLEY SAYS: “This high-waisted style is great for curvy shapes, as it holds in your stomach and sits nicely on the hips. The culotte crop style is a great transitional jean and on-trend. You can wear it with cute heels like these, or boots or trainers.”
- White tie- waist shirt with buttons, £39.50, M&S – buy now
- Cropped jeans, £40, Topshop – buy now
- Black pumps with kitten heel, £26, Simplybe – buy now
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
HAYLEY SAYS: “These mid-rise jeans are flattering if you have a smaller bust because they won’t make everyone look at your hips or stomach like a high-waisted pair would. The boot-cut shape is great if you’re not ready to take on a full flare. They’re also a nice fit and an easy jean to wear every day.”
- Jeans, £16, Bonmarché Plus – buy now
- Shirt, £30, River Island – buy now
- Wool coat, £119, M&S – buy now
- Slingback pointed heels, £45, River Island – buy now